Have you seen those cool old-time 'Tube Feeders' ? Well, here's a new twist on an old idea

Pics

Bangarang64

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2012
Lake Okeechobee
Do you remember those old-time canister feeders? I have looked at them in places like antique shops or e-bay and I think they look really neat!

Well, after a bit of thought, I made something for my son (in my sign shop) to boost his pride in his fledgling backyard egg business:

Some of the folks that have come by to see our birds wanted one for themselves! This includs a nice lady with a granddaughter who helps her with her flock and another who wanted something special for his daughter who is in 4H.

I was also asked to make a few to be used as trophies for a local chicken show (first and second place with blue ribbon art) and a few in which the guy has designed his own artwork.
I plan to make a few for our local fair. Maybe like: “I Love MY Rhode Island Red” (or something like that). Most of them are a custom design by the folks that want them. I have to wait for their art.

As for the feeder itself, It works great!
It is adjustable, so you can control the flow of feed and there is an inverted funnel inside that distributes the feed evenly. I also weld the eyebolt in place so that wind or chicken bumping will not twirl it causing it to drop off.
My son loves it! I think he points it out to visitors even before he shows them the chickens!

Last edited:
I got some good news today.
A famous poultry artist has granted me licensing rights to some of her artwork! This means if someone want's a breed-specific feeder (like for their RIRs or Silkies for example) I can most certainly now provide some quality stuff.
Wish me luck

Last edited:
Do you remember those old-time canister feeders? I have looked at them in places like antique shops or e-bay and I think they look really neat!

Well, after a bit of thought, I made something for my son (in my sign shop) to boost his pride in his fledgling backyard egg business:

Some of the folks that have come by to see our birds wanted one for themselves! This includs a nice lady with a granddaughter who helps her with her flock and another who wanted something special for his daughter who is in 4H.

I was also asked to make a few to be used as trophies for a local chicken show (first and second place with blue ribbon art) and a few in which the guy has designed his own artwork.
I plan to make a few for our local fair. Maybe like: “I Love MY Rhode Island Red” (or something like that). Most of them are a custom design by the folks that want them. I have to wait for their art.

As for the feeder itself, It works great!
It is adjustable, so you can control the flow of feed and there is an inverted funnel inside that distributes the feed evenly. I also weld the eyebolt in place so that wind or chicken bumping will not twirl it causing it to drop off.
My son loves it! I think he points it out to visitors even before he shows them the chickens!
really nice, my husband also made one for me to feed the wild birds left overs from my hookbills, he just added a top to keep rain and snow out

I'd love to make you one!
Just send me a PM.

The trick is,
I can't sell someone else's artwork. So you need to come up with an original logo design yourself. If you can design something or pay someone else to do it, I'd be happy to work with you on the lettering and positioning till we get something you're happy with. Also, even though the feeder is double sided, you just need only one copy of the art! I can duplicate it to fit on my template.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom