Haven't laid eggs in 2 weeks? WE HAVE EGGS!!!

Quote:
Im more concerned then anything else, I have never heard of young birds just randomly stopping laying for this long.

me too. i checked for a bound egg, and nothing. she's eating, drinking, and mixing with the flock, but a little slower than usual and in some ways not acting like she normally does. then again, maybe shes acting like she always has, and its all in my mind. if she was laying id probably never give her ways a second thought. just cant figure out why alla sudden no eggs for two weeks.

Quote:
We dont have heat by us, just rain for a long time. I can see how the heat would have been a problem for the RIR though.

ive heard of snatchin em up and rubbing salt on their butts, but i havent resorted to that yet...LOL

Quote:
Yup, free ranging. But the area that they are free ranging in is fenced and all open feild. They dont have anywhere to hide there nests. We have checked.

nope, mine are in an enclosed run and coop, and ive checked every nook and cranny for eggs. For a couple of days last week, the BR laid her eggs in the run, but raising her nest did the trick, and shes back to laying in it but the RIR still not laying. no evidence of snakes, possums, or other chickens eating them, so im guessing (hoping) its just a cycle shes going through.

You could make a big batch of cornbread with black pepper...that is what my grandmother always did when hers quick laying. I have an Uncle that swears to put pepper in the water and they will drink more of it to help produce eggs. For a couple of bucks both are worth a try...hope they lay soon.

Back
Top Bottom