Hawaii has roaches...

mylittlechickpea

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Gross.... I hate roaches.

I found one crawling around next to trash can last night, and instead of the obvious reaction of just stepping on it (I was wearing flip flops), I freaked out and went to the next room and grabbed one of my husbands huge work boots to squish it with.. Two good squishes, and then took the trash out.

I left it there last night, under the giant boot, to teach it a lesson... and it was really gross and I didn't want to look at again for fear it might move or something..

I went to go vacuum it up this morning, and it was gone!!! All that was there was a leg or two, a wing, and an antenna.. And then i saw it!! Moving!! Alive!! So I squished it again! This boot weighs like 7 pounds I don't understand how it survived over night?!?!

Before I could go get the vacuum, Chickpea came in and ate it.. I'm very grateful that she took care of it for me, but I don't know if I can pet her again knowing there is a squashed roach inside of her...

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Although cockroaches do give some people the ibbyjibbies they won't attack . I live in the Republic of Panama (10years now) and for me they are just part of tropical living (I do kill them on sight). Just keep food sealed and make sure there's no water leaks and oh yes...chickens love em! They consider them a gourmet treat
sickbyc.gif

Sorry in advance for this UN-empathetic response, but:

Wah!
hit.gif
Hawaii has roaches, how awful. You live in virtual paradise. I would trade a few roaches ANY DAY for tropical beauty, warmth, gorgeous beaches, dolphins and whales swimming by, windows with no glass, the sound of the water gently lapping onto the shore as I sleep...

Just teasing, but I did have to laugh. I would have thought the only pests in Hawaii might be all the tourists, lol.

Seriously though, I had roaches once in a big apartment building in New York City, and they are disgusting, so I sympathize.... a little.
big_smile.png

Minus, the roaches this place is wonderful!! I keep all the food either sealed or in the fridge, and don't have too many problems. Just this one, attracted to the trash.... It's gone now, eaten away. So I'll good for another couple months, til I see another.

I saw the gnarliest centipede a couple days ago too! Not my house, a neighbors garage. It was like seven inches long, no exaggerations here. It was haulin ass, and so much grosser than the lone roach.
sickbyc.gif

We have roaches all across the South, but the worst were when I lived in New Orleans. If you tried to stomp one and missed, it would not run from you. It would push itself up on its legs so it would look bigger and run at you. That is the only place I have seen roaches fight back!

Back
Top Bottom