Hay! I mean HEY, Just joined BYC.com. Bought a house that came with a chicken! Rhode Island Red. We were told she ambled onto the property and made

Nana AVG

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
Hay! I mean HEY!
We bought a house that came with a hen that ambled onto the property a week before. It made its home in the well house w/o a door. So we had to make a door out of chicken (!!) wire to keep predators out. She pooped all over the equipment so we had to get her a chicken coop. Bought feed and hay and she is doing nicely. She’s a Rhode Island Red, according to the chicken book we got from Amazon overnight. She keeps running into the garage and poops. So we had to get the garage floor done! While the garage floor painters were here, she climbed into their truck! Every day is an adventure!
Question: can we use fresh cut green grass as nesting hay since the hay is in the garage and we can’t walk on it for 2-3 days?
I think I’m going to write a book about this hen. My daughter named the hen Pecker. Yes, I know it’s a girl, but she’s always pecking 😊.

Attachments

• DDDAA08B-89FD-4D3E-9B0C-B86427F5A42B.jpeg
    DDDAA08B-89FD-4D3E-9B0C-B86427F5A42B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Hay! I mean HEY!
We bought a house that came with a hen that ambled onto the property a week before. It made its home in the well house w/o a door. So we had to make a door out of chicken (!!) wire to keep predators out. She pooped all over the equipment so we had to get her a chicken coop. Bought feed and hay and she is doing nicely. She’s a Rhode Island Red, according to the chicken book we got from Amazon overnight. She keeps running into the garage and poops. So we had to get the garage floor done! While the garage floor painters were here, she climbed into their truck! Every day is an adventure!
Question: can we use fresh cut green grass as nesting hay since the hay is in the garage and we can’t walk on it for 2-3 days?
I think I’m going to write a book about this hen. My daughter named the hen Pecker. Yes, I know it’s a girl, but she’s always pecking 😊.
Welcome to BYC! Here is a helpful thread for new members! -> byc. :welcome :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom