Head Bobbing chick

DaisyDuck73

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 25, 2013
Huntsville, Texas
I ordered 25 buffs....2 arrived dead, 1 died in my hand, then 5 more died within 24 hours.....I'm hoping that will be it.....they said it is from the stress of the trip (Maybe temperature change also from outside to inside post office). I know that shipping stresses chicks, but this is my first experience with them. I have 1 chick that bobs it's head really weird and chirps loudly when it does it. It also turns around in small circles. None of the other chicks are doing this....Any ideas as to what it might be?

welcome-byc.gif
Liz pointed you in the right direction. What a horrible experience for you? Will the seller replace the dead/dying chicks? I'm thinking the chick may have had a head injury.

They said they would refund or replace. Going to go with the refund since I ordered so many. Thing is I ordered 25 black Jersey Giants and all 25 of them are doing good so far...they starting drinking and eating as soon as I put them in. The Buffs seem to want to be more under the heat lamp...that's why I'm thinking temp change. I will try giving her some electrolyte water if she will take it.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom