Heading out Hunting! UPDATE-Got Both Deer!! Page 5

Quote:

I am confussed by this as well
hu.gif

either way make the best Jeeper and hope you get yourself a good one. Patience is key, friends of ours are having a hard time getting their bull moose, He is getting frustrated cause he sees tons of prints, fresh prints but can't find the moose!!! Again Good luck!!!!!

Good luck! I have been out a few times this season with my bow for whitetail. No luck yet for me, the ones I have seen were just out of range.

My dad just got a buck! well about 2 hours ago. lol but time goes so fast its like it just happened. We were driving back home on a road we never seen deer on and then we saw a herd of 17-20. we stopped 3 times, and on the third time he noticed antlers. his tag ends tomorrow and he can only get a buck, mine is buck or doe, and i have 2 more weeks. he said "do you wanna shoot it?" and i was like "HECK NO! i can get a doe, you can only get a buck, get out and shoot it!" lol

took it in one shot. now that he has a deer, i dont mind taking a doe, so maybe tomorrow we will try to find a doe for me. then we will be done for the year, and have 2 deers in the freezer! this weekend we can cut it up.

he got a buck, but its a 2x1 (this is a mule deer, not whitetail). It looks like the one antler got shot off or just broke on something so its just a little nub lol but hey its meat in the freezer!

Congrats! That will fill the freezer! Right now here in MO we are in bow season and with harvest season in full swing the deer are a little spooked, still a little warm as well, better luck will be had next month when it starts to get cold!

congrats on the buck and good luck on filling your tag also. We are in early muzzleloaded (and bow) here in sw ia,rut hasn't started yet, so bow hunters and kind of hanging out, the weather has been warm, yesterday and this am it was in the 30's so hopefully soon. I have been taking my daughter out since youth started, nothing yet, at first she didn't want to shoot a mom (she has always been this way) we have 20 depredation doe tags available! Now after doing so much sitting she has told me she would shoot a doe as long as its fawn isn't with it, lol. DD is 11 btw.

Quote:
Congrats to your dad!!!! Its awesome his tag didn't go to waste, there is nothing worse than paying for your tags and then getting nothing at all. well actually missing your shot and then walking away with nothing is worse LOL.
let us know how your hunt goes. I have had Deer meat once and it was delicious!!!!

Im right there with your daughter! I know at this point those fawns can take care of themselves, but i still wouldnt take a mom if it was just a mom with 2 babies. If it was a big herd with a bunch of mamas who could take over, i'd be more willing to take a big one
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom