Health Benefits of Quail eggs

That's exactly why I got my quail; my poor girl is allergic to just about everything! Nuts, chicken eggs, dogs, cats, even the common cold! Whenever she gets a cold, a regular old measly cold, it's a fifty fifty chance she lands in the hospital overnight on a nebulizer. Poor baby! I'd dance under the moon with a wet black cat held sideways wearing a sombrero if I thought it'd help her.

How did it go? Is she able to eat quail eggs?

How did it go? Is she able to eat quail eggs?

She had her first batch yesterday and she was so happy! I cooked it really well just in case. No reactions yet. Believe it or not, my hen is setting, so I'm only pulling the ones that haven't been fertilized. We will see how it goes.

Here is a short article on quail eggs. http://www.cspotsfarm.com/quaileggs.html
Thanks a bunch! Can I go out on a limb here and guess you wrote it? Lol.

She had her first batch yesterday and she was so happy! I cooked it really well just in case. No reactions yet. Believe it or not, my hen is setting, so I'm only pulling the ones that haven't been fertilized. We will see how it goes.

Oh wow that's great news! Gives me a little hope for my son and his egg allergies. In a few weeks we will be going to his immunologist and I'll ask about the quail eggs then. I haven't been game to feed any to him without the doctor's go ahead. Bit scary :p

I'd love to know if any hatch? That'd be interesting, since it's so rare for them to get broody. My coturnix eggs (incubated) are hatching right now!

I can't believe they are the most alkaline food you can get. Maybe more than a chicken egg.....slightly. but that aside it would seem your stomach filled with its strong acid, would neutralize and alkaline benefit ( if there is such a thing). Think vinegar and baking soda. A lit of vinegar and a small amount of baking soda, and its still acidotic. But then after your stomach makes it acidic, your pancreas neutralizes(you make your own alkaline secretions) that so you don't digest the rest of your intestines. So in short how much if any benefit is there from any alkaline food?

But all that doesn't make them any less delicious and great to eat several different ways! My quail eggs are enjoyed by many.

Last edited:
To anyone interested, my son had a skin prick test today. He is allergic to chicken eggs and we were hoping quail eggs would be a good alternative for him. Unfortunately the results show he is just as allergic to quail eggs. Some articles out there rave about how quail eggs are non allergenic and even help cure allergies. Just be careful because it's not the case for everyone.

I have just begun trying to grow a market for quail eggs as I grow my flock. I would LOVE any peer reviewed or scholarly, published articles that anyone finds! The FDA shows them as being simply "higher in cholesterol" than chicken eggs, but does not delineate the differences in HDL or LDL...or really anything for that matter.

I have just begun trying to grow a market for quail eggs as I grow my flock. I would LOVE any peer reviewed or scholarly, published articles that anyone finds! The FDA shows them as being simply "higher in cholesterol" than chicken eggs, but does not delineate the differences in HDL or LDL...or really anything for that matter.

My son's immunologist checked for any empirical data regarding the non allergenic aspects of quail eggs. He couldn't find anything. This means it is a great opportunity for research, though the doctor suspects there would be a lot of similarities with chicken eggs.

My wife has never shown any allergic reaction to chicken eggs.  I just began raising quail this summer, and for the second time she ate a quail egg omlette.  For the second time she had severe stomach distress.  I ate the same eggs both times (and have eaten a lot more of them than she) without any ill effects.  We've ruled out everything else except the eggs.  Has anyone else had a wierd reaction to quail eggs?

I know this is an old post but I am experiencing the same problem as your wife suddenly. Has she been able to eat quail egg since?

This week I had severe stomach distress shortly after eating my quail's eggs two different days, 5 days between. I have eaten them before a few times with no problems. There is a stomach bug going around too but thought I was getting over it. So odd.

Back
Top Bottom