Healthy winter treats?

Since they can't get much greenery in the winter, I like to feed mine alfalfa pellets/cubes soaked in warm water.

My chickens love, love, love, roasted unsalted sunflower seeds...they run ( very fun to watch) all the way across our very big yard when I shake the container. Even when I can't see them, they come running at the sound....
They also love worms from the garden...

We have an abundance of Butternuts this year. If I grind them up shells and all (not too fine & not roasted) would they be safe for chickens?

We have an abundance of Butternuts this year. If I grind them up shells and all (not too fine & not roasted) would they be safe for chickens?

Why not just cut the squash in half and let them pick at it themselves?

For my girls, we have apple trees, so they get warm apple cinnamon oatmeal. I also mix apples with their mash and add some warm water. Today they had leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, but I picked the chicken out. I can feed them eggs, bacon, and roast...just not chicken.
lau.gif

I do give them squash just cut open but these Butternuts are actual nuts from a Butternut tree :) Sorry, I never even thought about mentioning that part.

Back
Top Bottom