Heartbroken need advice, please!(long post,sorry)

Yeah, you need to give your state brand inspector a call and tell him that your local SO will not enforce the law to help you get your livestock back. Your SO needs a slap, and the brand inspector is the one who can do something about it. Their job is enforcement of the law, and the brand inspector has that power as well.

It tees me off that they won't enforce such a clear cut law.
sad.png

- Michelle

If you get them back and don't want to go through this again, you'll need to keep them in a roofed run. I've seen my guineas ranging 1/2 mile or more from my house. It's just part of their nature. They aren't like chickens that hang around the yard. Luckily I don't have any close neighbors.

I am so mad!! Sounds like the cops we have in our town. I would be calling everyone in that town that would listen. They would be so sick of hearing me. They would send someone to get my birds back, just to shut me up. Please do not give up someone should be able to help or at least do there Frickin job!!
somad.gif

that is a horrible thing for those people to do!! by the sounds of things they cant even look after their other animals! u have to steal them back. if this happened with my chickens i would be soooo angry i would explode. even your story makes me angry! some people are soooooo (i really cant think of a really nasty word lol)

keep posting updates

If I had a hen I would give it to you.
I hope this gets worked out very soon. Keep your head up it will be ok and they will get whats coming to them.
{{ Hugs}} to you.

My blood is boiling just reading this...I wish you the best of luck in getting them back, any way that you can. I'm sorry you have neighbors like that. Please let us know the outcome.

Update...
I found another one of my babies, so I am up to 5. I got them all caught and penned up. They don't leave our property, but I am not taking any chances! I just wish they were older so they would call the boys home.

I had to have one of my other neighbors run me into town (they don't let me drive anymore) and when we went by there the boys were running them up and down there driveway. They have field fence on both sides and have now put poultry netting up on their gate (if you can call it a gate, it is a chained and locked cattle panel). But we did see where they are building a covered pen out behind their house.

When we came back from town Michael and Sonny are no where to be found!

So when DH get home he and my neighbor's husband are going to sneak down there and see if they put them in the new covered pen. If so they are going to get pics and I am going to file charges! Then they have to listen to me!

Thank you to the person that posted the statute on here! I knew essentially what it said, but you saved me the trouble! I have printed it out and have it ready to put in the deputies face!

Please please please let them be that stupid to have moved them to a covered pen!

Sorry almost forgot...the owner of my local feed store is hopping mad. I talked her today and told her what they have done and she is going to see if she can come up with anything on her end.

They owe her thousands of dollars in hot checks and have for over a year. In fact it is her charges that sent the woman to jail in the first place and then she failed to appear after the judge let her out on her "Own Recognicense(sp?)"
and they still have not issued a warrant! That says a lot for our county!
hu.gif

This makes me so mad just reading this!
somad.gif

I'm sure you will get your birds back one way or another just hang in there.
hugs.gif

Kaacres - what part or OK are you in? It is ironic someone in OK just posted that Guineas jumped into their fence today (not speculating anything it is just ironic).

Back
Top Bottom