Heated chicken waterer?

Pics

Ilovemychicks08

For nothing will be impossible with God-Luke 1:37
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2021
Wisconsin
I have been looking for a heated chicken waterer, don't know which one I should use. Is it better to use a heated waterer base or the actual heated waterer? Thank you in advance

I might try that one just unsure of them. I would hate for there to be a fire.
Whenever you use electric there is fire risk.

With that heater though, the only risk is at the plug.

Rig it up so birds can't knock it out of the plug, or make it loose.

The risk is pulling the plug out just a little, and then something flammable getting into the gap.

I duct tape all plug to plug connections and rig up plug to outlet connections so that risk is as close to nil as possible.

This is a pic of the heater I use, you can get 150w or 250w. Both are good. I got mine at Amazon, and I’ve gotten them at Fleet Farm. (I’m in Minnesota).

Attachments

• 2E72521F-0AA6-4BC1-BCA0-6AD587343E90.jpeg
    2E72521F-0AA6-4BC1-BCA0-6AD587343E90.jpeg
    516.6 KB · Views: 87
Premier's is also fully opaque, which was something I specifically wanted to eliminate algae growth inside the bucket, if that's a consideration for anyone.

I have a longer review posted for the Premier one on here under "Reviews" if you want more detailed pros/cons on it.
I like the look of the Premier 1 but I already got the Farm Innovator one. I will go Premier 1 when I need to replace the one I have.

The Premier 1 has 4.5 stars and 299 reviews. The Farm Innovators has just under 3 stars with 63 reviews.

I bet the Premier 1 is probably worth the extra $17. Plus shipping, of course.

I have the heated pet water bowl that I got at TSC. I'm thinking of getting a second heated waterer, and don't know if I want the Premier 1 or another bowl. IIRC, the bowl was $40.
Premier's is also fully opaque, which was something I specifically wanted to eliminate algae growth inside the bucket, if that's a consideration for anyone.

I have a longer review posted for the Premier one on here under "Reviews" if you want more detailed pros/cons on it.

Back
Top Bottom