Heather Mills is dead! =(

stirkle

Songster
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
So I have had my chickens for a year with no problems... and now the neighboring fields are getting very popular with dog walkers... so while i was out at work an old neighbors dog nearly had a field day on my ducks and chickens... my sister chased the dog off only to leave my poor chicken heather as his meal... nobody realized til a day later and then I found feathers and a small amount of blood leading into a hedge... no body or anything... I wish she was alive but I am completely distraught that my special case chicken is dead! I feel like telling the woman I want her dog put down!

thanks... just feel really bad cause she was such a scared welsummer... one toenail missing n she ran funny with her neck waaay forward... could never catch her... and now im crying over a chicken... how pathetic is that...

hugs.gif

Quote:
Not at ALL pathetic!

I lost a Welsummer pullet through misadventure, myself. She was also a scaredy-chicken. She got caught in a curl of fencing while I was at work and panicked. I found her body there. I felt like such a horrible mother! And I, too, bawled like a baby.

hugs.gif

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
The neighbor should be informed about what her dog did, and so should animal control. I am fearful that this will not be a one time incident. This dog will probably come back. The dog doesn't know better. The owner should.

I JUST HATE READING POST WHERE SOMEONE'S DOG WAS ALLOWED TO DO SOMETING BAD! I had to start keeping my chickens in the hen house with a run because twice I went to work and someone's dog came through and destroyed my flock... it is sooo sad. You can't help but cry! I am sorry for your loss, but the neighbor has to be informed and tell her you are informing the game warden, just incase it happens again.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
hugs.gif

I also think the neighbor should be informed along with telling the animal control officer. Once a dog gets a taste for blood he may be back for more.
sad.png

Yea my mum knows the woman so I am going to ask that she muzzles or keeps her beast on a lead and gets me a new chicken I can call Heater 2

D'Angelo N Va. :

I JUST HATE READING POST WHERE SOMEONE'S DOG WAS ALLOWED TO DO SOMETING BAD! I had to start keeping my chickens in the hen house with a run because twice I went to work and someone's dog came through and destroyed my flock... it is sooo sad. You can't help but cry! I am sorry for your loss, but the neighbor has to be informed and tell her you are informing the game warden, just incase it happens again.

Absolutely agree. This is 100% the dog OWNER'S fault.

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss, but please try to remember there are no bad dogs...just bad dog owners.​

Back
Top Bottom