Hello all! I live on Vancouver Island 30 mins. west of Victoria on a seaside piece of heaven. Have 12 Ameracauna pullets & 6 ducklings = LOVE

KaltasinKoopSookeBC

In the Brooder
May 25, 2020
Sooke, British Columbia. Canada
53131B42-8997-4F7B-AC2C-FAA2E7474CFD.jpeg

Hello! You have beautiful birds! Sounds like you are indeed living in your own slice of heaven. I’m a new member of BYC as well. My chicks are about 8 weeks old. I have a group of nine single ladies. Three beautiful Swedish Flower Hens who are thee sweetest nature’s chicks that ever lived. They have to be. Then I have three Creme Legbars who look like Giant Quail or Pheasants. They are really pretty. I think I will have to hide them come Labor Day in the U. S. And Dove season opens because every hunter in Mississippi will we walking through my backyard after them. Lol! The. Last but not least in any form or fashion are my ladies of extreme appetite and personalities that are supposed to be gentle in nature and sound of mind but they have not grown into their beaks yet nor controlled their robust zest for the almighty attack on my diamond wedding ring and zeal for anything shiny whether food items or not. Anything is food to them especially if it has been in Mom’s hand it is fair game and safe for consumption! These are my lovely and shameless Black/Lavender Split Orpingtons. In order their names are Matcha, Poppie,Verbena,Thelma,Louise,Tina, Onyx, Betty, Mima. God Love them all and so do we. They love me to sing to them especially their name song that I made up which is silly but they will calm down and come to me immediately when I sing it to them. I have sung it to them since the day they were brought home from the Post Office after the hatchery shipped them to us and they will sit there and let me just pet them or try new foods or whatever as long as I call them over first singing that crazy song. Well that is a little about me and my flock. Welcome to BYC once again and now you know a little about thepick4uchicks from Mississippi. Have a Happy July 4th. Be safe and Well.
Pam

Back
Top Bottom