Sadejweeney

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2022
I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself as I am getting back into the chicken rearing and community is everything!

Hi, I'm Jade!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes and no, lol! I got my first 2 chickens when I was 5 in 2004, but I never had any chickens after them until now. Their names were Sarah and Daphne, however, time would later reveal that Daphne was a boy! My grandmother got 4 chickens when I was around 12, and I loved being around them all the time. Here is a picture of my little brother with 2 of them. (peep me and my cousin painting their nails in the background)
brenden chicken.jpg

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 6 chickens right now. Their names are Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda, Reba, and Barbra Jean (I'm sure you can tell what shows I watch lol)
silkie babies.jpg
big chicken girls.jpg

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 2 light brahmas, 1 buff orpington, 1 silver laced wyandotte, and 2 silkies.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love seeing all of their little personalities!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love playing video games, cooking, designing makeup looks, and kayaking.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My wife and I also have a dog, 2 cats, 2 rats, and a fish! I work in HR and she runs a local restaurant.
sappho.jpg
cats.jpg
rats.jpg
fish.jpg

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I was doing research for my new chickens since it had been a while since I raised them and decided I should join the community! Don't hesitate to reach out!

Back
Top Bottom