Hello chicken people :) I'm a newbie and just found you guys!

Avrilon

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 2, 2007
Georgia Mountains
I just want to introduce myself because I just found this great place and am learning stuff already - and ya'll seem like a nice group of people! My husband and I recently bought 10 acres in the north Georgia mountains and are so excited to be able to escape suburbia for farm life - but it will be 3 years before we can move there full time... and we can't have chickens in our current neighborhood (boo on that)
sad.png
Knowing it's right around the corner is very exciting for us though. We want chickens first (as egglayers and friends
smile.png
) so I've been looking online trying to learn it all.
tongue.png
Our farm already has a chicken coop that is in wonderful condition (wish I had a picture with me), but it's huge. I think I will post a question on the chicken coop board to get some input once I get a picture. In the meantime, hi everybody and I hope to get to know you better. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as time goes by.

Avrilon

Welcome to the family Avrilon! This is a great group of people that are extremely intelligent when it comes to our feathered friends. Don't ever feel like any question is a dumb one cause we've all asked it at one point or time. When you do get things up and running make sure you take lots of pics. Once again welcome!

wow 10 acres and a giant coop! chickens galore lol. welcome to byc, im guessing that you can see that replys are found right away. have fun getting started!

Thanks for the super-quick welcome guys!
smile.png
I'm at work so need to run, but will check back later to see if anyone else has anything "smart" to say - lol!
wee.gif
Oh man, I love that smilie!

Quote:
Welcome! By the way, there is no such thing as a coop that is TOO large - it just means you need to get more chickens!
tongue.png

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom