Hello from baltimore md

bubbaj

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 17, 2017
baltimore md
Hi new member here.Have been keeping chickens for some time,recently fell in love with swedish flower hens.Found them by accident lucky me! Keep a small flock with a few silkies to hatch them out. Looking forward to exploring this site.

Bubba you've got a good deal going for you. Swedish Flower Hens, and Silkies as natural incubators. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock
wee.gif

Its nice to meet someone else from Baltimore Maryland. There is also a section just for us Marylander's. I didn't find to many members on there yet they all seem to be joining and chatting in the welcome area. This crazy weather my chickens don't know if they want to lay or not. How are your dealing with the snow or shall I say ice we just got this week?

Yes nice to know other`s in Baltimore. The ice and snow was hard to deal with but mostly for me! My birds handled it nicely although did have a coyote try digging in.He has since moved on. That`s the one advantage of snow you can see tracks.How was it for you?

Yes nice to know other`s in Baltimore. The ice and snow was hard to deal with but mostly for me! My birds handled it nicely although did have a coyote try digging in.He has since moved on. That`s the one advantage of snow you can see tracks.How was it for you?

Mine was inside their coop the day it snowed. My son went out to check on them and they were ok. The following day with all the bitter cold and the wind they stayed in on their own but the coop door was open. Today they ventured out for most of the day. Yesterday they came out for a short bit and went back into the coop. So I was happy to see them out and moving around the run today.

Last edited:
Hi new member here.Have been keeping chickens for some time,recently fell in love with swedish flower hens.Found them by accident lucky me! Keep a small flock with a few silkies to hatch them out. Looking forward to exploring this site.
Welcome aboard! I grew up in Baltimore County near the Key Bridge. We lived just north of there in Watersedge. I really miss the steamed crabs and have them shipped to where I live now every couple of months. I have to eat steamed crabs and oysters on the half shell regularly or I'll die. Anyway good to hear from someone back home.

G’Day from down under bubbaj
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom