Hello from CT

Mostly decided to join the blog to see about rehoming a couple of roosters. I’d keep them if I could but don’t think it’d be feasible. I had chickens growing up but this is my first flock on my own. We started with 6 and 2 ended up being roosters.

I’ll probably stick around for any future questions and knowledge seeking too.
Welcome to BYC!!

is keeping your favorite of the two roosters and rehoming the second an option? i’m not sure how legally owning roosters makes you “that person”.

i’m not sure how far you are from Monroe, but benedict’s home and garden takes in unwanted roosters and problem birds and let’s them live out their days
I guess I get anxious about bothering people. Our household is split in favorites. I like the bigger, prettier, nicer one (though I know personality can change especially once they’re fully mature). My 6 year old and husband like the meaner one. My husband thinks he’d protect the flock better but I’m not into getting attacked every time I want to go out there.

Also I worry about either rooster cause I’ve had some bad experiences and heard horror stories about roosters and small children.

I guess I get anxious about bothering people. Our household is split in favorites. I like the bigger, prettier, nicer one (though I know personality can change especially once they’re fully mature). My 6 year old and husband like the meaner one. My husband thinks he’d protect the flock better but I’m not into getting attacked every time I want to go out there.

Also I worry about either rooster cause I’ve had some bad experiences and heard horror stories about roosters and small children.
if they’re legal and your neighbors have roosters, then there’s nothing to be anxious about.

Sounds like you've given this a lot of thought...you have to go with the decision that works best for you and your family.

Best wishes!

Glad to meet you Joy. Welcome to BYC. Best wishes with rehoming those roosters! Did you find the Rehoming forum? You can use that and the thread for your state (or nearby states if you are near a state line) to post about your boys. Be sure and list your town or county so folks know how far a drive it is, and if you can, include a photo that shows the rooster to best effect, along with breed, where you got them, any info on temperament that might help them get a good home.

Back
Top Bottom