Hello from Nashville

Ben_TN

Chirping
Feb 21, 2020
I'm new here to the site, but the wife and I have been lurking around for about a year (when we started our flock). About a year and a half ago, we moved from a condo in the city, to a home with 5 acres, a barn, and a pond. Technically, it is still Nashville (TN), but we're very close to a neighboring county...and about 10 mins from the west side of the city. Around a year ago, we decided to start our own flock o'yard birds...to add to the ones that came with our house. The previous owner had left the birds he wasn't able to catch, which were 4 guineas and 2 ducks. After moving in, we promptly lost a duck to the coyotes (within about 2 days). Our remaining duck (Muscovy) was named Ruby, and we still have her today. We also have 2 of the original guineas left. Motivated by our barn having already been built out as a coop, we decided to keep that going and do improvements. We are now up to a total of 8 guineas, 10 ducks, and somewhere around 20 total chickens. Unfortunately, about 7 of the 20 are cockerels...so we'll be culling in the near future. We've learned more than we could've ever imagined to learn about birds from this site, and I felt it necessary to join and try to contribute. :D

Back
Top Bottom