Hello from Sacramento, CA!

CHchickie86

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 19, 2014
Citrus Heights, CA
I'm not new to chickens but I'm starting out with a new flock. The gang includes Penny the Buff Orpington, Mozart the White Crested Black Polish, Pippa the Ameraucana, Sadie and Stella (both unknown feather foot bantams) and Georgie another unknown bantam. I broke down last week and ended up with three more bantam chicks! To round out the backyard flock we also have Puddlefoot the Magpie duckling, Daffy the Crested duckling (breed yet unknown) and two Mallard ducklings.

On the non-feather side of things we have two freshwater planted fish tanks, a Mini Lop house bunny named Oliver (who rules the household!), and my Mustang/Arab mare. We recently purchased our property and have been renovating the house quite bit and I am starting my garden now as well.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Sounds like you are going to have a fairly full house ...
ya.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you have a nice flock of birds and other livestock! Love the names you gave the birds. Chickens are addicting aren't they? And the feed stores are enablers too, what with all the peep peep peeping!

So glad you could join our community! Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a nice little flock, this does seem to be the time of year when if you go to the feed store you come home with chicks or ducklings. Be sure to check out the BYC Learning Center for a refresher on poultry, lots of good articles on all aspects of poultry keeping. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center And it is always fun to check out your state thread for chicken keeping neighbors https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/25/california-northern

Thanks everyone! We do indeed have a full house and it has been quite an adventure. Especially for my boyfriend who has never had chickens or ducks before!

Hi, I live in Placerville and wondered if you may know a hatchery near that breeds bantams? I'm really looking for pullets older than baby chicks for sexing.

Quite a group you have.

Hi, I live in Placerville and wondered if you may know a hatchery near that breeds bantams? I'm really looking for pullets older than baby chicks for sexing.

Quite a group you have.

Try posting this question in one of the California threads located in the Social Forum -'Where am I? Where are you!' Perhaps someone there can help you.

Back
Top Bottom