Hello, Goose and duck farmer here.

Dec 6, 2019
Philippines
I am new to homesteading and most of my knowledge are based from tutorials from books and the internet but I am still experiencing problems books and googling cannot solve so I decided to register here and have help from experienced people. I hope I can learn things that can help be a better farmer. At this moment I am too poor to afford an incubator. Also my town have rotating blackouts so I rely on broody geese and ducks to incubate things.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States, UK, Europe, Australia, Canada (for other countries, check here - Where am I? Where are you!)

Best wishes

Pork Pie

These are my goals next year:

1. Increase the number of my Muscovies from 21 to 100
2. Increase the number of my geese from 7 (plus 3 goslings) to 50
3.Make my first sale
4. Experiment with fresh uncooked Balut eggs and let a broody duck or goose hatch it. So I can have whatever breed of duck those eggs are (Most balut eggs are either Mallard,Mongrel,Pekin, Khaki Campbell and Runners) I heard non broody ducks lays more eggs. I know an Asian store them sells them fresh.
4. Buy hatching eggs from Metzer farms (they ship eggs globally) and be the first breeder of a duck breed that don't exist in my country. Yes I am not American.
5. Have turkeys or guinea fowls.

6. Have a Generator to solve my problems with blackouts

7 Be rich enough to own an incubator. (I will do my best to get there)

:frowHello!
:welcome Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join!
:oldI'm still hung up on #3. Chicken math is easy but sales not so much!
:popGood luck meeting all your goals, at least you have a good plan.
2019-12-05_23.14.24.jpg

Hello, and welcome to BYC, where all birds and people are welcome. Glad you joined the flock :yesss: Hope everything gets better for you. If you don't mind me asking what kind of geese and ducks do you own? :welcome:jumpy
I got Chinese Geese, 4 whites, 1 mixed color male and 2 brown females.

I have 21 Muscovies. I will post pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom