hello i have a chicken who is throwing up

chickenperson1234

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2020
i have a chicken who is a little old shes kinda mean and runs from you when u try to hold her. well today i went in because we had a turkey living with my chickens and when my turkey got stuck somewhere they peeked her pretty bad the turkey has a open wound and was bleed. after all that i noticed one of my chickens acting different the one im talking about in the beginning well yesterday i noticed she was gaging but thought it was normal chicken movement. but now today when i went in there she puked up red/kinda clear liquid. she smell like rotten eggs too shes usally very aware and runs away from everything but she just stays in one place doesnt run from me at all. she drank a little bit of water i havent seen her eat at all. like 2 days back when we noticed my turkey stuck we got her out and the sick chicken im talking about right now had blood all over her face i dont know what to do about this because she isn't herself at all and theres not much that i can find to help should i move the sick chicken from the rest or leave her alone?

Your chicken probably has a crop disorder. There are two main kinds - yeast infection and impaction. We can't tell which one your chickens has since we aren't there to feel her crop. Only you can do this. Once you decide which crop disorder she has, then you will need to treat it so she can get well. If you can't catch her and handle her to do that, then you will need to kill her to stop her suffering.

This will tell you how to decide what crop issue your chicken is suffering from and what you can do to make her well. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Your chicken probably has a crop disorder. There are two main kinds - yeast infection and impaction. We can't tell which one your chickens has since we aren't there to feel her crop. Only you can do this. Once you decide which crop disorder she has, then you will need to treat it so she can get well. If you can't catch her and handle her to do that, then you will need to kill her to stop her suffering.

This will tell you how to decide what crop issue your chicken is suffering from and what you can do to make her well. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
alright well i did what they article told me too. and well she seem better im still worried because she did still ate blood and flesh from my turkey which is still alive and in a different coop now. shes a middle age chicken and the lump was soft so i went by the article and youtube on what to do ill keep you updated and thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom