Help 911

Update I got the apple pieces dislodged from her throat she ok. Well I think she is shes not choking anymore and shes sleeping peacefully. I'm going to keep watch over her. What can I do about her being so greedy over the food bowl. She tries to eat everything up so the boy doesnt get anything.she even tries to sleep in the food bowl and bites at him when hes trying to eat. What can you do about a greedy goose

How about giving them more food? I'm assuming "baby goose" refers to goslings. You can't overfeed goslings - they grow so fast. But starving them by withholding food is a real risk. Let them have access to food 24/7.

Agreed...you may need to go ahead and set up two feed bowls. Also, if they're having trouble grinding down the treats to eat, skip those for now. Grass and weeds cut up into small pieces is treat enough for now!

How about giving them more food? I'm assuming "baby goose" refers to goslings. You can't overfeed goslings - they grow so fast. But starving them by withholding food is a real risk. Let them have access to food 24/7.
Oh yes they always always have food. As for the apples they were cut extremely small but those will be a treat for a later day and time. They love to graze and lay in the grass. They also get feed and finely chopped greens everyday. They dont lack food but I put them in a bigger brooder with a different type bowl more like one that would be used for a dog and they are doing great. I tried the two bowls and they both kept running back and forth between them while it was kind of cute it was strange. But so far problem solved. Thank you for replying to my post.

Back
Top Bottom