HELP!!! A DOG ATTACKED MY CHICKEN!

Skipper Carnes

Chirping
Feb 16, 2023
Hey everybody. Just a matter of minutes ago, we assume a dog attacked my hen. We were short of white leghorn hen, and called them to come and feed hoping they were all there after we heard an giant amount of squawking and screaming. About 5 minutes later, out of the same direction, the missing hen showed up, soaking wet. We live right beside a creek. She doesn't look hurt, but does anybody have advice as to how I can keep her from going into shock from her incident? If she does go into shock, what do I do. I feel dumb, but help is appreciated. Also, does anybody have any clue as to how to keep dogs away from my hens?

Hey everybody. Just a matter of minutes ago, we assume a dog attacked my hen. We were short of white leghorn hen, and called them to come and feed hoping they were all there after we heard an giant amount of squawking and screaming. About 5 minutes later, out of the same direction, the missing hen showed up, soaking wet. We live right beside a creek. She doesn't look hurt, but does anybody have advice as to how I can keep her from going into shock from her incident? If she does go into shock, what do I do. I feel dumb, but help is appreciated. Also, does anybody have any clue as to how to keep dogs away from my hens?
Hi there, so sorry to hear about your hen. I have had to deal with Bobcat attacks and it’s not fun! The first thing to do is treat for shock. You must already assume she is in shock, and if that is the case don’t panick. It’s gonna be ok! Get her into a warm dark area, away from loud noises or movements. Sugar water helps tremendously by giving them a extra boost. Leave her alone for a while, then later check her completely over for any wounds or injuries

Luckily, she is behaving slower, but still normal. She is not in shock, but I want to make sure I know how to handle it in case she does. Thank you so much for your help and info. I really appreciate it! And also, I love your signature about Jesus!

Luckily, she is behaving slower, but still normal. She is not in shock, but I want to make sure I know how to handle it in case she does. Thank you so much for your help and info. I really appreciate it! And also, I love your signature about Jesus!
Glad to hear she is doing ok! It is still best to treat her for shock, as sometimes they don’t show it until a while after the incident. Treating her just in case will probably be the course of action. Are you sure she was attacked by a dog?

Thank you!! He truly is everything to me, I lay it all down at his feet and owe it all to him. Glory be to our King! (I love your profile posts about Christ)

Thank you. Jesus is like my dad I can't wait to meet some day. Our neighbors have dogs that have been known to kill their own chickens, and also, we didn't see anything flying off and our other dogs that are trustworthy were going nuts.

Thank you. Jesus is like my dad I can't wait to meet some day. Our neighbors have dogs that have been known to kill their own chickens, and also, we didn't see anything flying off and our other dogs that are trustworthy were going nuts.
A dog definitely may be the case then. Have you checked her Over throughly for injuries?

I know exactly what you mean!! I thought of living eternity with him is so exciting I can hardly bare to wait sometimes!!

She is limping a little, I am guessing a sprain, but other than that, no injuries or anything, and she didn't go into shock! Praise the Lord! She survived a dog attack with no blood! She is eating like crazy. Thank you for helping!

Back
Top Bottom