Help a newbie out please!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crysmunoz, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Crysmunoz

Crysmunoz Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey guys! This is my first post I hope I did it right can y'all tell me if you can tell what kind of chick and gender? Thanks so much guys [​IMG] we got her and her friends on fourth of July and are loving them so much![​IMG]

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

not sure but some one here will know. [​IMG] Hi, from big bear, you'll love all the info you get here! [​IMG]

3. Crysmunoz

Jul 29, 2011
    Thank you! I have been checking out the site for the last few days and finally had the time to post here! We have 4 chicks so hopefully they turn out to be all hens!

4. Crysmunoz

Jul 29, 2011
    Would better pictures help?

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Looks like a gold-laced wyandotte, I was brooding a silver-laced wyndotte for a friend. It looked like that as a chick, except it was grey and black [​IMG]

Edited to.add: maybe not. In the first pic its legs look pink, in the last pic they kind of look yellow. What color are they? I think the silver-laced had yellow legs...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. Nicolette'sFarmette

Nicolette'sFarmette Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    California!
    Yep, looks like a gold-laced Wyandotte to me...rose comb and all! They are so pretty when there lacing comes in! [​IMG]

7. beaks&paws

beaks&paws Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

8. Crysmunoz

Jul 29, 2011
    Gosh I can't really tell they are kind of a rosy tint but look goldfish if that makes sense? Do y'all think it's a him or her?

9. Nicolette'sFarmette

Nicolette'sFarmette Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    California!
    Well, Wyandottes are suppose to have yellow legs....but a hatchery chick or not the best of breeding ( all my girls are from a hatchery [​IMG] )could end up with different color legs other than yellow, and still be a Wyandotte. I think it's a bit early to tell if it's a roo or pullet. My gold-laced Wyandotte will be eleven weeks on Monday, and I think it's finally safe to say I have a hen [​IMG] ...still fingers crossed though![​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  10. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by