HELP! Baby Chick!

Put it with at least 1 other chick if you can. mine always have a higher success rate when I put them with 1 other chick rather than isolate them.. the other chick seems to give them the little push to live that they need...hope it makes it! the electrolytes and sugar water may also help...just make sure it gets plenty of food and water....do you know about taping the legs?

Put it with at least 1 other chick if you can. mine always have a higher success rate when I put them with 1 other chick rather than isolate them.. the other chick seems to give them the little push to live that they need...hope it makes it! the electrolytes and sugar water may also help...just make sure it gets plenty of food and water....do you know about taping the legs?

Then hen has 7 chicks so I could try that. I did tape the legs with vet wrap and put him a little bowl so he can stay up right if he wants but now he is laying down. I just gave him about 1/2 ml of yogurt. He really liked it.

^^ Better picture of the wrap.

Just kinda what he'll do.....

In his chick chair. Is it too big?

Last edited:
Okay, we put another chick in there with them but they are just sleeping together. I was able to get another 1 ml of yogurt in him this morning!

Now I have a couple of questions.

1. When he was 1 day old, we did lots of leg stretches with him, and he was able to stand quite a bit and even walk/run a little too. The next day he wasn't getting much progress. Yesterday, I put the Vet Wrap on his legs and put him in that little bowl for the "Chick Chair". I try to let him out sometimes so he can walk but when I do, He just falls flat on his face and lays their. Should I just leave him laying there to figure it out on his own, or put keep him in the chick chair like I am doing now.

2. Should I just take the Vet Wrap completely off and continue doing stretches with him and see how he does for a day? I am just afraid to do that and make his progress go backwards, even though he is not making any right now.

3. I don't think he has Spraddle Leg exactly. His legs more go out to the back, and he is super unbalanced. What do you think this could be?

I think you are doing about everything you can. Now it's up to the chick.
hmm.png
That's kinda what I thought.....
sad.png

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry This link may help your little chick. It has lots of great info. I had to help several of my chicks hatch because they were stuck and all of them are perfectly healthy adult chickens now. They are also much tamer because they were imprinted. I will continue to help chicks I hatch if need be, because it's worth it. IMHO Good Luck with your little one.

I'm sad to report that the little guy went to the big chicken coop in the sky
hit.gif
He literally died with his head held high and his chest out. I just feel guilty, like I could have done more.... But, he is in a better place, where hopefully he can run faster than any chicken out there. I am just so sad
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom