help! baby ducklings in danger

I definitely agree on Cayugas and WH duckling. I have never seen one like that last one. The peculiar thing is it looks like pekin, but with magpie bill sorta? That one will be fun to watch grow up and see what it looks likes. 

he has changed so so much since I made this post @LeiaLayers5

If they stay dark with iridescent green they're likely Cayuga's, East Indies or a mix of either with something else. You'll be able to tell the difference because EI's are a bantam breed with brighter green sheen, while Cayuga's will grow to be an average size duck and the green is not as vibrant.

Mixed breed Cayuga or EI's/Runners are predominantly dark iridescent green and do exist.

@Messica

the are staying dark with beautiful dark but kinda vibrant (if that makes sense) green on wings, tail, chest, and kind of underneath as well. and the one that had the shorter tail had an almost pale vibrant bluish white on the small part of wings. (excuse my lack of knowledge about their body Lola)

Mine are about a week behind yours and I've never raised this breed before (mine are EI's). I'm going entirely off what I've read so it'll be interesting to see if they take the same road as yours (and what the internet says should be the progression). Mine have no discernable green yet, and are dark but still have the brownish tint like yours. One has a smidge of cream on the breast, I'll post pictures for comparison if you'd like

Last edited:
@Messica please do . mine didn't show up til about 4 days maybe 5 days ago. everytime they get swim time (everydY usually more than once.) it shows up more and more. I didn't think any color would ever show up and it did. and now it just keeps coming they are beautiful I can't get a decent picture to do them justice

I'm sorry I completely forgot to share pictures!

Here are a few of mine. Lights are Runners, brown one with white chest is a Khaki Campbell and the other two are East Indies.

You'll know if yours are East Indies because they're a bantam breed and they stay small and have an intense green sheen, if they're Cayuga's they'll be full sized ducks as adults and have the green sheen, but it won't be as *WOW* level green sheen.

These were taken April 10th at 3 weeks old. They're now 4 1/2 weeks old and have a considerable amount of feathers coming in. I can just now see some of the green starting to show.

Back
Top Bottom