HELP! Badly injured 2 week chick

Oregoncoastchick

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2022
We have a chick who was badly injured by another hen in the flock. Her neck is pecked pretty bad. She’s moving around alright but what do we do?? We sprayed blue cote on it and have no idea what to do. Please help. 😭

Can you get pictures? Did you rinse it off? treat it like any wound, apply ointment. Easy on the blue Korean, it can prevent scabbing
I didn’t take any pictures cause I was too upset, right now we have her separated with a brooder plate and I really don’t want to stress her more. We put bactine on it and then blucote. I just have no idea where to go from here. I hate separating her from her mom but I’m worried her mom and the other chick will peck at it

We need a picture to see how "bad" and what can be done. Depending how long it's separated from hen & brood but most likely not IF the wound is as bad as you say ... It's 2wks now & depending how serious the wound it, it'll take time before you can attempt putting it back. Is the chick eating/drinking/pooping?

Have read that when there's a broody w/nest, best to protect it & chicks by wiring off a section in the coop so the others won't disturb/hurt the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom