Help!! Buff chick injured, missing some of her scalp!!

Purebreed

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2018
On April 7 I woke up to find one of my buff chicks had been attacked. She was missing some part of her scalp and bit of her back neck. No punctures, but just a huge portion of skin missing.

On the first clean I washed the wound with water and Hydrogen peroxide. But for the last 2 days I've only been applying neosporin( non pain relief). I just dont know what to do now. Let dry or kepp it moist? OR do i keep applying neosporin?
I've been giving her 24% protien feed and water with electrolytes.
I'll post a picture

20190409_225005.jpg

20190410_215007.jpg It looks way better than when I first find her. When i brought her in,
she seemed to still be in shock. Didn't touch her food and didn't even drink any water. But the next morning she seemed to be doing better, she was eating and drinking, and most promising was when I let her out too clean her crate she began to jump round and looked overall happy. My question is whether the wound is doing ok or not.

I think it looks good. Just keep cleaning it with saline, and applying the plain Neosporin ointment twice a day. I am glad that she is eating and drinking, and acting more normal. Keep us posted on her recovery.

Hi, It's been a little over week and the chick is doing great. She eating and drinking, but most importantly she is energetic. I've been cleaning the wound 2 twice a day; once in the morning and once in the late evening. As much as i tried to keep the wound from drying, it scabbing over. The pics are below, my question is after a week of tending to the wound, should I continue to apply neosporin or just clean it up with saline.

20190414_204852.jpg

I don’t much however I would say your doing a fantastic job and to keep doing what your doing

Back
Top Bottom