Help chick hatched too early.

Hello..Sounds like your Hen is a first time Momma. Once they internally pip she Hears them Peeping so she is assisting too soon. I put ones with yolk to absorb in my incubator and inside margarine containers. It usually takes about 24 hours or more before they absorb the yolk. Do not feed or water them till they are up and ready to begin eating.

They survived! And now they’re all fluffy and chirping so I put them back with their mom at 2 in the morning. The yellow one still has some sort of yolk thing that’s really just veins left and I think it’ll just dry up and fall off. The black one has nothing left. I’ll get a picture as soon as I can it’s a bit dark in the coop so it’s hard to get one. Now I have another chick in the hospital she wasn’t strong enough to hatch and her membrane dried all up so I helped and she got a bit bloody so until she’s dry I’ll be keeping her in the cup.

They survived! And now they’re all fluffy and chirping so I put them back with their mom at 2 in the morning. The yellow one still has some sort of yolk thing that’s really just veins left and I think it’ll just dry up and fall off. The black one has nothing left. I’ll get a picture as soon as I can it’s a bit dark in the coop so it’s hard to get one. Now I have another chick in the hospital she wasn’t strong enough to hatch and her membrane dried all up so I helped and she got a bit bloody so until she’s dry I’ll be keeping her in the cup.
That's awesome..Congrats.

Here they are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom