Help! chick hatched with a glob of yolk URGENT!squrit out green liquid

Thank you guys so much for your advice. I will update it if it survives or not.
fl.gif

And yes I did have to help.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that's why. I am having to help my ducklings and have lost 2/3 so far. I figure it's better to try and help than not, but once they are opened by hand the inner membrane dries out and it is then very hard for the chick to draw in the yolk and the remaning blood running through the vessels in the membrane. Looks like I'm going to lose my third duckling shortly to the same problem. I am usually dead against helping, but these are eggs for someone else so want to give them every last chance I can. Here's hoping your chick does better!

I think the yolk sac being completely external is some freaky thing that happens occasionally, because the one I had that did that burst out of it's shell dragging that nasty-looking thing. When I saw it struggling over the edge of the egg dragging a brownish sac after it I opened the bator and grabbed it before it could step on that whole mess and herniate itself. It really freaked me out that the yolk was completely separate from the bird like that. I was surprised she made it, but she's a feisty little thing.

I am the one that posted under "Quick Question" Do you think I should take mine out and wrap it in a wash cloth and put it in the brooder. It's running all over the place. I just checked on them and had another hatch, bright eyes, healthy looking chick, this one that I posted about.....eyes are cloudy, which it may still have some stuff over it...... wishing the best for the ducks!

Good luck with your chick.

Quote:
If it's running around it probably won't stay still in a cloth. Check to see if the cord has dried up, and if it has you can clip it off so the chick doesn't step on the dangly stuff and pull it's insides out.

Quote:
Thanks, I really want this one to make it. This and another egg is in the bator out of 24 eggs. If these don't make it it would be my 2nd unsuccessful hatch.
hit.gif

Yes, I do think you should but I am no expert.
Good luck with your duckling!
fl.gif

Last edited:
He can't stand. I'm the one who posted Help chick cant stand. I don't know what to do.
He seems very lonely because he is the only one that hatched.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom