HELP!!!CHICK IS DEAD HEN IS HURT

I'm a minor, too.
Tell your parents that if you don't keep the birds safe, ALL THAT MONEY that apparently they aren't happy about spending will be wasted. W-A-S-T-E-D. And that innocent creatures have died.
another reason why shes mad that she spent all this money is becuase she original bought me 4 straight runs and I got 3 roos and 1 hen but they turned out to be meat chickens and she is mad that she spent a lot of money on food for the ones that we gave away but my dad bought me 4 more pullets 2 died and know i only have two but other than that shes happy that I'm happy

another reason why shes mad that she spent all this money is becuase she original bought me 4 straight runs and I got 3 roos and 1 hen but they turned out to be meat chickens and she is mad that she spent a lot of money on food for the ones that we gave away but my dad bought me 4 more pullets 2 died and know i only have two but other than that shes happy that I'm happy
How did the pullets die?
I hope you work all this out.

Flapping wings and squawking either attracts an aggressive chicken or scares them off. I don't think it was necessarily a protective thing so the chickens need to be integrated slowly if that hasn't already been done.

If money is an issues you don't have to make the fence taller that was just a suggestion so that you can walk under it. If you cannot spend any more money whatsoever what I would do is make their run area smaller and use the extra fencing material to cover the top. You can secure that with zip ties.

As far as a new coop goes... you don't necessarily have to put a lot of money into it and it doesn't have to be new or even a coop to begin with. Think outside the box. Sometimes you can find something like an old kids playhouse or a used dog house for free or relatively cheap. Raise it up on cinder blocks ($1-2 each) to get it up off the ground and secure it put a door on it etc. You can use old plastic crates or dresser drawers for nesting boxes. Check your local thrift stores or habitat for humanity store for materials, modify it over time as needed. Something like that is probably going to be the simplest and easiest solution.

And then on that note so frustrating that there are parents out there getting animals for their kids and not willing to put the time or effort in to help out when needed. If you have a secure coop and cover the run area there will be a lot less "stress" for everyone.

I think your doing the best you can. Plus, you are learning. As a parent myself, most of us want you to be happy. But, things beyond our control seem to stress your mom out. Try not to involve her too much. She has her own issues she's dealing with and you don't want her to make you get rid of your girls. Your dad seems to wanna help but, doesn't know chicken stuff either.
Be patient with them. Your doing a good job with what you have. You will use up the feed. Keep it secure and in a cool place to keep it from molding. Don't feed any other critters in your yard.
The hoop run is a great idea after you move.

Flapping wings and squawking either attracts an aggressive chicken or scares them off. I don't think it was necessarily a protective thing so the chickens need to be integrated slowly if that hasn't already been done.

If money is an issues you don't have to make the fence taller that was just a suggestion so that you can walk under it. If you cannot spend any more money whatsoever what I would do is make their run area smaller and use the extra fencing material to cover the top. You can secure that with zip ties.

As far as a new coop goes... you don't necessarily have to put a lot of money into it and it doesn't have to be new or even a coop to begin with. Think outside the box. Sometimes you can find something like an old kids playhouse or a used dog house for free or relatively cheap. Raise it up on cinder blocks ($1-2 each) to get it up off the ground and secure it put a door on it etc. You can use old plastic crates or dresser drawers for nesting boxes. Check your local thrift stores or habitat for humanity store for materials, modify it over time as needed. Something like that is probably going to be the simplest and easiest solution.

And then on that note so frustrating that there are parents out there getting animals for their kids and not willing to put the time or effort in to help out when needed. If you have a secure coop and cover the run area there will be a lot less "stress" for everyone.
money isn't tight but my parents said they are done spending money to like make renovations and they wont let me use my own money but I will ask my dad if could make their area smaller and use all of the other wire i have left over thanks for the idea

Back
Top Bottom