HELP!!!CHICK IS DEAD HEN IS HURT

I think your doing the best you can. Plus, you are learning. As a parent myself, most of us want you to be happy. But, things beyond our control seem to stress your mom out. Try not to involve her too much. She has her own issues she's dealing with and you don't want her to make you get rid of your girls. Your dad seems to wanna help but, doesn't know chicken stuff either.
Be patient with them. Your doing a good job with what you have. You will use up the feed. Keep it secure and in a cool place to keep it from molding. Don't feed any other critters in your yard.
The hoop run is a great idea after you move.
the feed is no problem my mom is fine with buying it she was just mad at the moment but my dad doesn't know much about chickens but I might even ask him to do the hoop coop where we live i cant have chickens where i live but my neighbors are cool with it but I'm going to be moving to palm coast and i think I can have chickens there. also the feed is kept in our garage and I always bring in the feeders at night

I think your doing the best you can. Plus, you are learning. As a parent myself, most of us want you to be happy. But, things beyond our control seem to stress your mom out. Try not to involve her too much. She has her own issues she's dealing with and you don't want her to make you get rid of your girls. Your dad seems to wanna help but, doesn't know chicken stuff either.
Be patient with them. Your doing a good job with what you have. You will use up the feed. Keep it secure and in a cool place to keep it from molding. Don't feed any other critters in your yard.
The hoop run is a great idea after you move.
so i just told my parents about the hoop coop and my mom said I can only do it when we move but we have to have a fence and we cant be renting so i cant wait till i can do the hoop coop for my chickens :)

And do they snuggel up under the hen? Does she feed them?
the hen sleeps in the nesting boxes which I will be covering up today and the chicks are on the roost bar I wake up and I let only the hen out and I give her food and when shes done I give the to the chicks( the hen eats chick starter because she doesn't want to ear her pellets but she's not going to lay any eggs because shes a meat chicken) the chicks are only able to inside the coop and the little covered run.

You won't belive it this morning when I was outside at 7 I saw the hawk looking down at the chickens from the sky.😱 yesterday I didn't have enough time to clean up the heart of the chick and when I went outside to go get it I was gone

Lock your girls up and keep them in the coop area.
Thats a hungry hawk.
When he flys in, run with a broom at him.
Or if you have a powerful squirt gun, blast him.
the chicks are locked in the coop and in the coop run but my older hen is locked out of the coop but she has a dog crate to go in if she gets hot. i sure will chase him with that broom at any chance

Back
Top Bottom