Help! day 23 and a chirping egg PICS ADDED!

Quote:
That is if you help them too soon. This chick was working on day 24 and clearly having trouble getting out of the egg. I really only intervene when I feeel if I don't it may died.

Hi helpful one! today is day 21 for us and our chicks. Waiting waiting. We came home from work and three eggs are moving one is pipped and moving. Egg #1 has a hole with membrane big enough for us to see him in there and moving around. 2 and 3 have no holes but rolling every now and then. Egg 4 has hole but no movement not big enough hole for us to see membrane. I am worried that there is a pip but no movement. we hear chirps but cant tell who its coming from. egg #1 has the big hole with membrane visual. But he moves alot and i am freaking out thinking we need to help. the humidity is 70% and the temp is about 99 to 100. We are using five thermos and all showing different. Should we help egg #1 or leave it be?? this is our first hatch. aaarrrrghghghghggh

ok. Change in plan. Egg 1 has membrane open. Now what? He is moving around. membrane cracked and something is sticking out of the shell. Dom thinks its the flap of membrane. I dont know.

89216_cimg1390.jpg

This is egg 1. we can see the membrane and it appears to us as if it is attached to his/her body..
humidity is at 69%...

In my opinion day 21 is too early to help. It is often 24-48 hrs. from pip to hatch. I forget what the humidity should be, maybe 65%. You can go to the hatching section and it will tell you. Good luck. Everything seems to be going right!

If you help to early you will have a lot of problems...bleeding...unabsorbed yolk. You only help when you know it's a do or die. Also, you might want to start a new thread instead of tagging on someone elses. You will get a larger response.

Quote:
You are crackin me up!!! They are at a normal stage in pipping, next they will start to zip the top off the egg and hatch. Humidity - leave it alone, don't open the bator. The humidity goes through the roof after the first one hatches - DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR.

And no, you are not at a point where any one of them needs any help at all.

Back
Top Bottom