HELP... Does anyone use softened water for week old chicks

tvett62

Songster
Apr 6, 2020
I have a problem. My chicks are having runny poo and a couple of them are dropping brownish red watery stools. I have gone and gotten Corid for cocci and put them on NON Medicated feed. BUT I WONDER...
I think I may have connected my chicks problem to why maybe? I used bottled drinking water to mix my chicks, electrolytes in for the first day and a half. Yesterday I started them on our tap water
We have a well and use a water softener with SALT and iron remover in it
. Yesterday afternoon is when the runny poo and brown/ red liquid started... Could it be possibly from the salted softened water? I have gone to the store, to buy bottled water for them... Another question.
If they do not have cocci will it hurt them to give the Corid treatment?

I have a problem. My chicks are having runny poo and a couple of them are dropping brownish red watery stools. I have gone and gotten Corid for cocci and put them on NON Medicated feed. BUT I WONDER...
I think I may have connected my chicks problem to why maybe? I used bottled drinking water to mix my chicks, electrolytes in for the first day and a half. Yesterday I started them on our tap water
We have a well and use a water softener with SALT and iron remover in it
. Yesterday afternoon is when the runny poo and brown/ red liquid started... Could it be possibly from the salted softened water? I have gone to the store, to buy bottled water for them... Another question.
If they do not have cocci will it hurt them to give the Corid treatment?
I do and have never had a problem.

Corid will not hurt, start it immediately!

Back
Top Bottom