Help Dog people .... what is he??

Chirpy

Balderdash
15 Years
May 24, 2007
Colorado
I'm asking for all your help because I thought so many of you had very good observations when someone else asked for help with their dog.

This is our new puppy. The first pictures show when he was about 7 weeks old. The next two show him now at about 4 months old. He was a rescue puppy so we don't know what he is ... my thoughts are possibly Rottie and/or German Shepherd. However, he's not growing and his paws just aren't that big so something is keeping him small. He weighs 38 lbs. today and is very, very stocky.

Ideas? What do you think he is?

Oops -- forgot to add the pictures ...

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Last edited:
My grandpa had a dog similar to that many years ago except it was all black with a white tuff on his chest. His mother was Collie and father was a black Chow. He named him Chowlie. He was the best and smartest dog! But his hair was longer than your dog's so I would think possibly a mix with shorter coats like a Lab/Rottie mix.

His feet look so chow!!! Check for any purple on the tongue or gums.
His eye set looks chow also. And also does the tail ever curl up over his back?
And if you ever want to find him a new home just let me know!! LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No question in my mind about the shepherd. I don't know chows well so I can't say either way there. Is his tail as short as it looks in the pictures? Maybe there's a clue there.

Back
Top Bottom