HELP! Duck and chicken attack

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
A3808C15-0DF5-4E28-B42B-771213287EE3.jpeg
8ED93974-3DC0-44D6-8411-70703B5B1670.jpeg

So a friend of my moms had two dogs get in her pin. She thinks her duck has a dislocated thigh and wants to try it put it in is there any thing she can do for the chicken and duck. She took a picture of the ducks leg and the chickens back!
Any help would be appreciate thank you!

How are they doing? With any deep wounds, it would be good to use Vetericyn or a similar wound spray, or chlorhexidene, or betadine to clean wounds to disinfect them initially. Then use plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day after cleaning the wound. A lot depends on how much internal injuries have been done, and if there is any infection. I cannot offer advice on fixing a dislocated leg. That is best done by a vet, especially if bone is exposed. The deep wounds in the chicken could heal if there is not damage to air sacs. I would keep them isolated in a dog crate with food and water near and reachable. They may be in shock for awhile. By tomorrow I would try offering water with electrolytes, some wet and dry feed, and some chopped egg to tempt them to eat.

How are they doing? With any deep wounds, it would be good to use Vetericyn or a similar wound spray, or chlorhexidene, or betadine to clean wounds to disinfect them initially. Then use plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day after cleaning the wound. A lot depends on how much internal injuries have been done, and if there is any infection. I cannot offer advice on fixing a dislocated leg. That is best done by a vet, especially if bone is exposed. The deep wounds in the chicken could heal if there is not damage to air sacs. I would keep them isolated in a dog crate with food and water near and reachable. They may be in shock for awhile. By tomorrow I would try offering water with electrolytes, some wet and dry feed, and some chopped egg to tempt them to eat.
The duck did not make it. The chicken smells bad and is going down hill.

A bad odor sounds like wound infection. Do you know if they have been disinfecting the wounds? Domthey want to try an antibiotic? Is she eating or drinking? Sorry about the duck.

A bad odor sounds like wound infection. Do you know if they have been disinfecting the wounds? Domthey want to try an antibiotic? Is she eating or drinking? Sorry about the duck.
I don't knew if she is disinfecting the wounds but I can text her and see if she is willing to do that!

Back
Top Bottom