HELP! Duck egg externally pipped and was making noises but no longer is!

Ava Kelly

Hatching
May 16, 2021
Help! My duck egg is on day 30 and it’s externally pipped. I can see it’s beak. It’s been almost 40 hours since the initial external pip, but he is hatching slow and steady until I went to check earlier and he wasn’t making any noise! I’m so worried! I’ve been checking the other eggs for development, so I have to open the incubator to see, but I never leave it open long. Do you think he is alive? I’ve attached an image below. His beak was only visible this morning, and I could see him move and breathe.

Attachments

• A56876A8-9C5C-4A89-87C2-89AA527D810E.jpeg
    A56876A8-9C5C-4A89-87C2-89AA527D810E.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 35
I hope people with more experience can help here but, I am wondering if this lil one is "shrink wrapped" so can't get out. Google that and see if that's a possibility. If it were mine, I would pull a lil more shell off where s/he has already broke thru. Hope everything goes well. :fl

Unfortunately, the duck passed away. I think that I should have intervened earlier because he took so long from his initial external pip. When I checked this morning, his breathing was labored and I didn’t notice until much later.
This is my first time ever hatching eggs. I still have 3 that are hopefully going strong. Only one of those has pipped.

Back
Top Bottom