Help! Duck has large and hard crop!

Duckmomof6

Songster
Aug 27, 2022
My duck, Charlie, has a large and hard crop. I noticed this last night after she had eaten, but she also looks a little lopsided. She has a leg issue. Her vet thinks it suffered some trauma by tripping. She had an x-ray of her legs and feet 3 days ago, and they're perfect. She weighed 6.9 pounds in April when she saw the vet, and 3 days ago at the vet, she weighed 6 pounds. I don't know if that's concerning or not. Charlie's crop was still hard this morning, and she still looked lopsided. She didn't get overly excited about her food, which is abnormal because Charlie loves to eat. I would appreciate some advice because I can get her seen by a vet until tomorrow morning.

Were you able to have the vet look at her?
I was able to get her seen the next morning. By the time Charlie saw her vet, her crop had softened and was flat. She no longer felt impacted. I had given her olive oil in her water to help, and I guess it did. Her vet couldn't find anything wrong, but it was abnormal that Charlie's crop was hard all night long and into the afternoon the next day. Whatever happened, we got it under control.

I was able to get her seen the next morning. By the time Charlie saw her vet, her crop had softened and was flat. She no longer felt impacted. I had given her olive oil in her water to help, and I guess it did. Her vet couldn't find anything wrong, but it was abnormal that Charlie's crop was hard all night long and into the afternoon the next day. Whatever happened, we got it under control.
That is great news, thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom