Can you get a close up pics of the wounds are they on her neck? Where else. Sometimes black poo can mean internal bleeding. The green means they aren’t eating very much. Get those wounds treated and if necessary wrap her in a large towel and pluck the feathers away from the wounds so you can really see what your working on and treating. Pluck the way the feathers are growing. If at all possible a vet would be best she needs fluids most of all right now. I tried treating one of my Runners by using a syringe it isn’t enough. I am hoping for the best for both of them .

@casportpony has much more experience with wounds than I.

Last edited:
Update:
Checked on her twice throughout the night, no change. This morning when I found her, she was the same as the above photos .I gave her a drink of fresh cool water by putting it to her bill, and now she has picked her head back up. No more big poops since last night, only the little green ones. Food was left uneaten (Mazuri waterfowl feed), water was barely touched if at all. I'm keeping their room at 70F.

I'll try to get the wounds exposed. We
Can you get a close up pics of the wounds are they on her neck? Where else. Sometimes black poo can mean internal bleeding. The green means they aren’t eating very much. Get those wounds treated and if necessary wrap her in a large towel and pluck the feathers away from the wounds so you can really see what your working on and treating. Pluck the way the feathers are growing. If at all possible a vet would be best she needs fluids most of all right now. I tried treating one of my Runners by using a syringe it isn’t enough. I am hoping for the best for both of them .

@casportpony has much more experience with wounds than I.
I'll try to get the wounds exposed. Thanks for the tip about the towel, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Minks are very deadly predators. They will be back so I suggest setting a trap with bloody chicken meat as bait should get the mink to investigate. If using a livetrap (only one I’ll advocate) cover it with a cloth washed in scent-a-way. Place near the coop so it looks like an entrance. Once caught either dispatch the mink or call your local Department of Natural Resources to see what they recommend.

Back
Top Bottom