Help! Ducks foot fell off!!

Yes I have pictures up. Here is another one.
4D0E6DB1-671B-48C7-B3BE-2B72AC1B17C8.jpeg
I also just scheduled a vet appointment.

She was bitten by a very poisonous spider and she sadly past this year.... it was a hard loss, but I’m happy to know she’s not hurting anymore (she had a leg injury and in winter it was very hard on her).
I'm sorry to hear this. It's a comfort to know they are not hurting any longer.

Yes I have pictures up. Here is another one. View attachment 2882691I also just scheduled a vet appointment.
It's great you are taking her in, Hopefully, everything is healing fine but if not then you'll be at the right place to get her the help she needs.

We put ours in a small plastic storage container (similar to one you might store files in), place a folded towel under under them for a soft place to lay. We use several puppy pads on top (to easily take a dirty one out) or another towel which can be refolded so she isn‘t sitting in her mess for too long. Depending on how long the ride is one towel may do.
We leave the top off, but if you have an active duck to contain of course you can always drill holes for air. I also put a seatbelt around the container to help avoid movement for the duck and safety in case of an accident.

We leave the top off, but if you have an active duck to contain of course you can always drill holes for air. I also put a seatbelt around the container to help avoid movement for the duck and safety in case of an accident.
Oh, and I also bring a thermos of water and a bowl. I mention this because our first trip I ran out of the house and didn‘t think of it.
Our duck may have been fine, but I asked the vet to give her some water. This was during the summer when it was warm and due to Covid, the vet took our duck inside.

Back
Top Bottom