HELP! (Emergency) Chick dying

Oh no! I am so sorry! I had a pullet pass and didnt know why or what to do! I know how you feel! Unfortunately, I dont know what is happening or how to fix it. I hope she gets better!
Thank you! I hope so too, I was really looking forward to these guys! :(

Paper towels and paper are both too slippery. I like puppy pads or just regular pine wood chips.
They aren't using the bathroom anymore, and when they do it's a very small amount. I'm worried they're going to starve or get dehydrated. Should I try and soak their feed and feed them with a syringe? Or would this cause more harm?

Hey, I don know if this helps or not, but I just read this clip from an article on Google. There is a link for the whole article if you wan to read it. I hope they get better! Avery

Google article clip-
Paper towels should be changed frequently. Newspaper should never be used as flooring; it is not absorbent, which can expose the chicks to conditions ripe for disease, and newspaper is very slippery, which can cause spraddle leg. The most common bedding for chicks is pine shavings.
Link- https://the-chicken-chick.com/baby-chick-basics-what-you-need-to-know/comment-page-33/
The host of this article is an old BYC member and vey informative. I use her info for everything! Best wishes, Avery

They aren't using the bathroom anymore, and when they do it's a very small amount. I'm worried they're going to starve or get dehydrated. Should I try and soak their feed and feed them with a syringe? Or would this cause more harm?
I wish I could help you more! All I can do is wait until some one more informative like @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @Overo Mare come and take a look at this thread.

Back
Top Bottom