HELP!!!! Exposed membrane and blood vessels!HATCHING CHICK WITH MISSING BOTTOM SHELL!

Pics
Well, I don't know if anyone will read this final chapter to the story of Yeti...
I found him in the yard on the 17th, in shock, after the hens seemingly ganged up on him. His tail and back feathers had been pulled out and he was pecked badly. I ran him inside to get him warm and give him sugar water in hopes of healing him.
I stayed up that night holding him by the heat lamp and encouraging him softly. He seized in my arms and his heart stopped beating. I was even desperate enough to try CRP, SOMETHING to get my little buddy back. It didn't work.
Yeti was the best rooster. He would follow me like a puppy dog. Dance for me. Talk to me and talk back to me. He always loved his morning snuggles before he was set loose to play in the yard, and he never crowed too early.
He had gone down hill shortly after my last post, when he was still a young chick. He could not hold his head up, and I hand fed him for a month before he made progress again. I saw the life in his eyes. When he finally got better we shared so many fun and wonderful months.
I will miss you Yeti Spaghetti.
R.I.P my handsome little monster...

An updated photo of my boy. And a memorial decoration I'm making for him.

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_164526.jpg
    IMG_20180412_164526.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20181220_100949.jpg
    IMG_20181220_100949.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 11
For those who want to know
Miracle is doing wonderful and has happily integrated with her mom and dad.
Surprisingly, she has become the most flighty of my ducks and doesn't want anything to do with humans now that she has her other ducks to play with. It kind of hurts because I miss her cuddles, but its fine, because she is happy, and still gets watermelon and goodies and play time she wants in her pond.
(She is the middle duck in the pond. Her mother Bunny is the farthest and her father Garry is the closest.)
(Miracle is to the left in the coop shot.)

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_170949.jpg
    IMG_20180412_170949.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20180517_132430.jpg
    IMG_20180517_132430.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 8
Well, I don't know if anyone will read this final chapter to the story of Yeti...
I found him in the yard on the 17th, in shock, after the hens seemingly ganged up on him. His tail and back feathers had been pulled out and he was pecked badly. I ran him inside to get him warm and give him sugar water in hopes of healing him.
I stayed up that night holding him by the heat lamp and encouraging him softly. He seized in my arms and his heart stopped beating. I was even desperate enough to try CRP, SOMETHING to get my little buddy back. It didn't work.
Yeti was the best rooster. He would follow me like a puppy dog. Dance for me. Talk to me and talk back to me. He always loved his morning snuggles before he was set loose to play in the yard, and he never crowed too early.
He had gone down hill shortly after my last post, when he was still a young chick. He could not hold his head up, and I hand fed him for a month before he made progress again. I saw the life in his eyes. When he finally got better we shared so many fun and wonderful months.
I will miss you Yeti Spaghetti.
R.I.P my handsome little monster...

Awww so sorry! :hugs
He was a doll. Lovely memorial you made for him too.

For those who want to know
Miracle is doing wonderful and has happily integrated with her mom and dad.
Surprisingly, she has become the most flighty of my ducks and doesn't want anything to do with humans now that she has her other ducks to play with. It kind of hurts because I miss her cuddles, but its fine, because she is happy, and still gets watermelon and goodies and play time she wants in her pond.
(She is the middle duck in the pond. Her mother Bunny is the farthest and her father Garry is the closest.)
(Miracle is to the left in the coop shot.)

:love

Awww so sorry! :hugs
He was a doll. Lovely memorial you made for him too.

:love
Thank you. It means a lot. I can't believe how hard it is. But I find myself especially attached to Yeti and Miracle.
I guess when you pour so much of your heart and soul energy into healing something, it does that.
At least I did my best, and gave him a good life, and I will continue to do my best for Miracle and the rest of my flock.
I just don't know why my hens would do such an awful thing! It will take me quite some time to forgive them I think...

Back
Top Bottom