Help! Farm Innovators 2100 Still Air Incubator

crazyfeathers

Songster
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Auburndale, Wi
I purchased the Farm Innovators 2100 Incubator and an egg turner yesterday. I purchased a Thermometer and Hydrometer from Pet Co. My display on incubator reads 90 degrees. My inside thermometer reads 105. What temperature should I go with inside or display? FYI I have had it running about 12 hours and there are no eggs inside presently. I understand the temperature will most likely change one I have eggs inside but there is a 15 degree difference right now and I am confused. I did research on 2100 model and no one specifically said what temperature to go with. I hope someone can set me straight.

I realized my first error and I did have inside thermometer close to heated wire, I moved towards the center more and heat is reducing some. We will see how it goes from here.

I purchased the Farm Innovators 2100 Incubator and an egg turner yesterday. I purchased a Thermometer and Hydrometer from Pet Co. My display on incubator reads 90 degrees. My inside thermometer reads 105. What temperature should I go with inside or display? FYI I have had it running about 12 hours and there are no eggs inside presently. I understand the temperature will most likely change one I have eggs inside but there is a 15 degree difference right now and I am confused. I did research on 2100 model and no one specifically said what temperature to go with. I hope someone can set me straight.
What type thermometer have you got inside? Where do you have it placed? What does the owners manual say? There is so much difference in your readings that I would have to have a 3rd opinion---Unless the one inside is real close to the heater.

Once you get your temp right---putting the eggs in it should only affect the temp till the eggs get up to temperature---no adjustment should be needed.

The owners manual says to place the thermometer in the center so it can be seen through the viewing window. This is a strip thermometer that they sent along. This one reads 110 the Pet Co thermometer is placed near the strip thermometer and it reads 105. The manual does not give good information it is 2 pages and one small paragraph is dedicated to temperature control, I did read it. I have adjusted the two thermometers inside of the incubator to see if I get a different reading. If I do I will just take the incubator back as the lack of accuracy will most likely lead to heartbreak. The reason I am asking questions is because I read the manual, did some research on BYC, phoned a friend and I'm still confused. Thanks for your time and help.
To Clarify - Built in Thermometer reads 90 outside display
Strip Thermometer reads 110 Inside
Pet Co Thermometer reads 105 inside

I feel your pain. I have 4 incubators.... and none of them read the same temp or humidity.
I bought 4 accurite temperature/hygrometers at walmart and put all 4 in an incubator and only 2 will give the same temp. None of them have matched the incubator LED reading. Same thing for the humidity.

Just so you know, the accurite ones are junk.Dont waste your money.

I think you should find another thermometer to put inside. It should sit about where the top of the eggs are.
Maybe the baby thermometer would be best. Dont know.. not sure if I can find the old shake down ones.

At any rate... put more than one inside when you check it out...

or simply return the incubator to the store and get another one? Good luck and please let us know what happens. I know it is very frustating... I feel so sorry that you have to deal with this.

Last edited:
Thank you for your thoughts, So you did go with the inside temperature. I am leaning towards the reptile thermometer from Pet Co as the two that came with the incubator well their readings are 15 degrees different. I do have 2 inside and the display thermometer. I will get this figured out. I did read on other threads not to trust the thermometers that come with incubator, that is why I bought the ones from Pet Co as I heard they were reliable. Thanks you Snaffle. Good thing I have a broody outside on 14 eggs, silly chicken is hoping for spring I guess. LOL She seems to be doing an awesome job keeping them warm, when the time comes closer I am going to move her to a warmer area. I should stick a thermometer under her lol.

I got some expensive thermometers and some cheap ones----yep most all read a little different so Here is what I do and would do. I would place the thermometers in the middle of the hot incubator----placing them where they will be at egg height having them all about the same height-----and allow about 1/2 hour for them to stablize ---read them----use the one that is reading in the middle----hatch some eggs----making sure you log the date and time you put them in the already warm incubator----If most hatch late day 20 early day 21----you got a good thermometer to go by-----if they are about one day early(+ or -) or about one day late say---you need to mark/adjust for it reading off----probably 1/2 a degree(+ or -).

Alright both of my inside thermometers are at 95 degrees. The display is only reading 80 but I have decided to ignore that. I am going to set eggs tonite and see what happens. Wish me luck!

Alright both of my inside thermometers are at 95 degrees. The display is only reading 80 but I have decided to ignore that. I am going to set eggs tonite and see what happens. Wish me luck!
Good luck!!

I am just realizing that there is a strong possibility my basement is too cold for the incubators. I was advised many years ago to put my incubator in the basement because the temp in a basement is more constant.

Maybe so for most basements, but ours is a very old farmhouse. I have 2 incubators in the basement and both are covered with towels... one has a thick throw rug over it.
When the hatch is complete I might be moving an incubator upstairs... OR we might be putting in a register in the hot air vent.

Where do you have your incubator?

Alright I have both inside thermometers at 99.5 to 100 degrees, humidity is at 50%. I set my eggs last night. Questioning the humidity a bit as I have read 40% is optimal but have read and had responses stating 50% is good too. I am so excited! I can't wait to candle them in 9 more days! I have my incubator set up on the kitchen cupboard as my 1 1/2 old Grandson can reach everything and this was the only safe place. I will update when I candle the eggs. My Roosters are a Turken and an Easter Egger oh and a newly purchased Black Copper Maran (but I only have one egg from the hen). My hens are BCM, EE, BO, BA, GLW, Polish, Lavender Orphington, BR, WLH, and a few barnyard mixes.

Back
Top Bottom