HELP fertile egg pipped outside the air cell!

Jul 1, 2022
soo my hatching eggs are suppost to be hatching this week. so i went to check on them and one has pipped outside the air cell. does this mean it will die? what would you say the odds are? ( btw it pipped really early idk if that changes anything) thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Can you please take pictures?
20220525_074116.png
20220525_074837.png

sorry that took so long. i put a faint colored pencil mark where the air cell is
looks like baby is malpositioned, but dont stress too much yet. Often times they are able to hatch just fine. Give it time to do it's thing.
Incase the need should arise, here is the Assisted hatching article
Have a good read through so you have the knowledge on hand. But for now, I'd say sit back and wait. Good luck on your hatch, let us know how this baby does!

soo my hatching eggs are suppost to be hatching this week. so i went to check on them and one has pipped outside the air cell. does this mean it will die? what would you say the odds are? ( btw it pipped really early idk if that changes anything) thanks in advance!
also just a quick note, what day is it on, and do you have a calibrated thermometer?
Having the temp a little high (incubators are rarely accurate) can cause an early hatch. But things might be okay despite that.

from what i have read here a lot of times they can hatch fine. BUT it takes longer. since it didn't pip inside the air cell, internal pip, first that acts like both. So it will take the time to absorb yolk sack and veins before it starts to zip. So don't worry it is isn't out in the 24 hrs. instead treat this as the internal pip and give it time to do its thing. As long as it can breathe right now it is fine.

thank you so much for your replies. sorry i couldn't get to them because i was sleeping. but i read them and i think its going to be okay. its definently taking longer but i hear it chirping in there! its cracking out really slowly. god bless 💕

Back
Top Bottom