Help find what is wrong with pea suddenly watery white stool & not energetic.

WHAT? who told you that? everyone has something to offer here and if we can't agree to disagree and learn from each other then i am afriad i don't belong here , so if you can't post neither can i
hu.gif

WHAT? who told you that? everyone has something to offer here and if we can't agree to disagree and learn from each other then i am afriad i don't belong here , so if you can't post neither can i
hu.gif

You are so right in spirit, Zaz! Of course everyone can post here (especially you), and differing ideas help us all learn. I don't know anything about this particular situation. I have noticed, however, that some people don't seem to be able to agree to disagree, and they get a bit overheated!

Did someone ask you not to quote them?
Or, was it a moderator for some reason?

*eta
And, unless it was a moderator and you're violating BYC rules in some way, I imagine that nobody can really tell you not to post on any topic.

Last edited:
***STAFF NOTE***​

Staff has not asked anyone not to post in this thread. Any member is free to post in any thread at any time. Threads are owned by BYC. No member should ever ask another not to post. Certainly if this does happen, you are free to ignore it.

We ask that when a rule is violated, you report it to us using the red flag in any post, rather than replying in the thread. Indeed, replying to an inappropriate post in itself can be considered trolling.

It might be good to review the BYC RULES again. BYC's rules can also be found using the TOS link at the bottom of any page.

In particular, please keep your replies courteous, and refrain from "I'm right, you're wrong" type of posts. State your opinion, and move on. Do not attack other members on a personal level.

Someone sent me an email to my aol account it was the strangest email. It was a he and said to walk away from this thread and explained why. It then said not to copy, print, save or send this email to anyone it must be deleted after I read it cause it contained a virus. I tried to print it cause what can happen, it took me all this time to get back online and here. But it was an email about this thread but was sent to my email account by my email account? I am not going to continue on this I will walk away like told to. If you want to know more I sent you guys my number.

ep.gif

I vote that we all abandon this thread, and if there's anything we want to discuss, we do it elsewhere.
I hope you contacted the moderators about that email, Yoda, it sounds like some kind of hacking or something.

I am sorry to hear this you have been so helpful Yoda as have many others too. I started the thread for help which I got and Peatree the peacock is looking OK and tomorrow when I let him back out that will be the determination of how he is and at that time I will post the outcome. I will be starting another one about one of my 9 year old peahens named Nellie so look for that maybe tomorrow.

Keep in mind "A man convinced against his will .... is of the same opinion still" :).

Yoda wrote: "You are telling everyone to give 3/4 teaspoon of corid when it's suppose to be 1 teaspoon per gallon."

Wrong! Just do the math, you'll see.

The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon (1.134 grams).
The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon.

The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid Powder is 3/4 teaspoon (2.268 grams).
The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid liquid is 1 teaspoon.

The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons (4.536 grams)
The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid liquid is 2 teaspoon.

I have spoken with the mfg of Corid and Amprol, the doses above are correct.

Amount of Amprolium (Corid or Amprol) powder per 1/4 teaspoon
  • One 1/4 teaspoon = 135 mg
  • 1/2 teaspoon = 270 mg
  • 3/4 teaspoon =405 mg
  • 1 teaspoon = 540 mg
  • 1 & 1/4 teaspoons = 675 mg
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons = 810 mg
  • 1 & 3/4 teaspoons = 945 mg
  • 2 teaspoons= 1080 mg

Amount of Amprolium (Corid or Amprol) liquid per 1/4 teaspoon
  • One 1/4 teaspoon = 120 mg
  • 1/2 teaspoon = 240 mg
  • 3/4 teaspoons = 360 mg
  • 1 teaspoon = 480 mg
  • 1 & 1/4 teaspoons = 600 mg
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons = 720 mg
  • 1 & 3/4 teaspoons = 840
  • 2 teaspoons = 960 mg

There are 4.92892ml/teaspoon, but the numbers above were calculated using 5ml/teaspoon

Here is what's in 1-10ml of the liquid
  • 1ml = 96mg
  • 2ml = 192mg
  • 3ml = 288mg
  • 4ml = 384mg
  • 5ml = 480mg
  • 6ml = 576mg
  • 7ml = 672mg
  • 8ml = 768mg
  • 9ml = 864mg
  • 10ml = 960mg

1/2 teaspoon of 20% powder = 2.8125ml of 9.6% liquid - Both have 270mg of amprolium.
3/4 teaspoon of 20% powder = 4.21875ml of 9.6% liquid - Both have 405mg of amprolium.
1 teaspoon of 20% powder = 5.625ml of 9.6% liquid - Both have 540mg of amprolium.
1.5 teaspoons of 20% powder =8.4375ml of 9.6% liquid - Both have 810mg of amprolium.
1.75 teaspoons of 20% powder = 9.84375ml of 9.6% liquid - Both have 945mg of amprolium.
2 teaspoons of 20% powder = 11.25ml of 9.6% liquid - Both have 1080mg of amprolium.

FDA recommendations:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/animaldrugsatfda/details.cfm?dn=013-149
"Chickens
Indications: For the treatment of coccidiosis.
Amount: Administer at the 0.012 percent level in drinking water as soon as coccidiosis is diagnosed and continue for 3 to 5 days (in severe outbreaks, give amprolium at the 0.024 percent level); continue with 0.006 percent amprolium-medicated water for an additional 1 to 2 weeks."

And this link has these instructions:
http://www.drugs.com/vet/amprol-9-6-solution-can.html
"Poultry - as Soon As Caecal Coccidiosis Is Diagnosed, Give 0.024% Amprolium In The Drinking Water For 5 To 7 Days. Continue The Treatment With 0.006% Amprolium Medicated Water For An Additional One To Two Weeks. No Other Source Of Drinking Water Should Be Available To The Birds During This Time."
I called Curid a couple years ago and was told it is the same as what they have on their website:

Here are some poultry links that agree:
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Coccidiosis.html this one actually has you giving a tablespoon or 1.5 tablespoons.
http://web.uconn.edu/poultry/poultrypages/diseasefactsheet.html this one says mix 1/3 oz which is 2 teaspoons per gallon

Last edited:
The Corid website does not list doses for poultry, they list it for cattle and if you call them all they will tell you is the cattle dose... I called the mfg of both Corid and Amprol, that's where I had my doses confirmed. The liquid dose for a severe outbreak in poultry is ~10ml, moderate is ~5ml.

Do the math, you'll see.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom