Help find what is wrong with pea suddenly watery white stool & not energetic.

Kathy I have a question for you but I wil start another thread ok? But I would perfer to ask you staright out if I can. I sent you my number. It's about your favorite TURKEYS!!!!

Last edited:
Do me a favor, ask your vet what she would use to treat an e. Coli infection. BTW, you can get the human version of Clavamox without a prescription.
big_smile.png
Search for Augmentin for tropical fish.

-Kathy
Kathy this drug works on E Coli

Also known as Metaprim
A synergistic combination of bactericidal chemotherapeutics

Composition
Each 5 gram contains:
Sulphamethoxazole I.P. 400mg
Trimethoprim I.P. 80mg

Metaprim is a combination of sulphamethoxazole (a sulphonamide) and trimethoprim. Trimethoprim when used alone is only bacteriostatic and resistance develops rapidly. However, when combined with sulphamethoxazole, a sequential blockade of microbial enzyme system occurs with bactericidal consequences.

Salient Features
  • Metaprim is bactericidal combination of Sulphamethoxazole and trimethoprim.
  • Metaprim is effective even in the multi-resistant infections.
  • Metaprim produces a sequential double blockade of bacterial metabolism, giving a level of activity many times greater than that obtained by either drug alone.
  • Metaprim provides effective antibacterial activity against a wide range of infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.

Mechanism of action:
Para- amino benzoic acid (PABA) is required by bacteria for their growth and multiplication. The sulphonamides are structural analog of PABA. In the first step the synthesis of dihydrofolic acid from PABA is blocked by competitive inhibition of PABA with sulphamethoxazole. In second step trimethoprim block the synthesis of tetrahydrofolic acid from dihydrofolic acid by competitive inhibition of dihydrofolate reductase (bacterial enzyme). Tetrahydrofolic acid is required for the synthesis of the precursor of DNA in bacteria. Blocking both steps of folic acid metabolism leads to an arrest in DNA synthesis and subsequent parasite death. Trimethoprim and sulphamethoxazole, when used separately, are bacteriostatic but when used in combination, it becomes bactericidal and increases the spectrum of antimicrobial activity.

Pharmacokinetics
Orally administered sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim are rapidly absorbed. The maximum serum concentrations reached 0.5-1 h after administration. The bioavailability was 81% for sulfamethoxazole and 41% for trimethoprim.(in japanese quails.)

Precautions and Side Effects
Trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to these or other sulfa drugs.

Indications
Poultry : E.Coli infections, chronic respiratory disease (CRD), fowl coryza, coccidiosis, fowl cholera, typhoid and secondary bacterial infections.
Live stock: Gastro-intestinal tract infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, genital tract infections.
Sheep and Goat 2 tablets daily for 2-3 weeks.

Administration and dosage
Poultry : 12.5 g. per 10 lt. of drinking water for 5-7 days.
Live stock: 12.5 g. per 80 kg. b.wt. twice daily for 5-7 days.

Presentation
100 g. and 500 g.

here is another one:

Composition

Contains per gram powder:
Doxycycline hyclate
500 mg.​
Carrier ad.
1 g.​
Indications

Gastrointestinal and respiratory infections caused by doxycycline sensitive micro-organisms, like Bordetella, Campylobacter, Chlamydia, E. coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Rickettsia, Salmonella, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp. in calves, goats, poultry, sheep and swine.
Contra indications

Hypersensitivity to tetracyclines.
Administration to animals of a seriously impaired hepatic function.
Concurrent administration with penicillins, cephalosporins, quinolones and cycloserine.
Administration to animals with an active microbial digestion.
Side effects

Discoloration of teeth in young animals.
Hypersensitivity reactions.
Dosage

For oral administration:

Calves, goats and sheep : Twice daily 1 g per 100 kg body weight for 3 - 5 days.
Poultry and swine : 100 g per 500 - 1000 litres of drinking water for 3 - 5 days.

Note: for pre-ruminant calves, lambs and kids only.
Withdrawal times

- For meat:

Calves, goats and sheep : 14 days.
Swine : 8 days.
Poultry : 7 days.
Warning

Keep out of reach of children.
Packing

Sachet of 100 g and jar of 500 and 1000 g.

That one I don't have, lol. Got my lab report back from two ducklings I lost in January and I'll post the culture/sensitivities that show what drugs might have worked and then maybe people will see why I like Baytril. FYI, just hatched out another batch of ducklings and two were acting exactly like the two I lost, so I gave each one a tiny drop of Baytril and now they seem fine. These ducklings were going to be sold, but now that they've had Baytril they'll be my pets!:D

-Kathy

GOOD NEWS! Well here are 2 pictures of Peatree today after his 5 days of blackhead treatment. He also was fanning his tail but I did not have my camera for that so I can say he is definitely feeling better! Thank you forum people and thank you Lord!

Back
Top Bottom