Help from the pros please. I hatched two hatches that day. Somehow these two chicks cannot be identify. I had BCM and Australorps

Deltaj

Songster
Nov 23, 2020
South Louisiana

Please help me ID these two chicks. I hatched two hatches that day, BCM and Australorps. But I cannot ID these two​

Attachments

• 9ABF59B0-1D87-41FD-B988-0907A6F90EB2.jpeg
    9ABF59B0-1D87-41FD-B988-0907A6F90EB2.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 229B6428-CEAD-4F72-9CF5-06DDE9ADA07A.jpeg
    229B6428-CEAD-4F72-9CF5-06DDE9ADA07A.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 9

Please help me ID these two chicks. I hatched two hatches that day, BCM and Australorps. But I cannot ID these two​

These look like the same chick? I only see one then.
I'm going with australorp. I would expect to see feathered legs on the BCM, though I know not all do. If the parents did, then this chick should to.😊

If there was any coppery or brown colored chick fuzz, or a lot of gray, that would make me think bcm. The white face has me leaning toward australorp.

Also, did your other bcms have pink/white legs or slate? If pink/white, that's another point in the australorp category.

If there was any coppery or brown colored chick fuzz, or a lot of gray, that would make me think bcm. The white face has me leaning toward australorp.

Also, did your other bcms have pink/white legs or slate? If pink/white, that's another point in the australorp category.

The only problem with that is that all marans are supposed to have pink/white legs as well.

The only problem with that is that all marans are supposed to have pink/white legs as well.
Actually, bcms usually have pink/white legs, but some bloodlines have slate.

Black australorps should ALWAYS have black/slate legs with pink/white feet as chicks. So this chick has australorp legs...unless the bloodline of bcms the OP used ALSO had legs like that. :)

Back
Top Bottom