Help Goose neck swelling did she eat a wasp

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
Trudy might have eat a bee or wasp, I’ve never seen this swelling like this , can I give Benadryl?? And she’s kind of doing this weird open and close her mouth thing a little bit like she has something in her mouth/ throat she wants to get out, she’s breathing OK I brought her inside and looked down and there is a bump on the back of her tongue. It would be very hard for me to get a picture of that by myself it’s just like a pea size little hill no special color to it. It’s a little more clearer than the pinkness of her tongue but the bump on her throat area just behind the bill is weird.
Edit to add She’s a three year old pilgrim goose but the swelling makes her look sort of dewlappy. It was never like this before.
I just ran out and bought children’s Benadryl. They don’t have unflavored they have cherry grape or bubblegum. I got the bubblegum flavor I gave her five ML which is I think the correct dosage …perhaps.. ,,maybe ,,hopefully? help…

Attachments

• 8478ECA4-449F-455D-B5D6-B7B8DFB7F658.jpeg
    8478ECA4-449F-455D-B5D6-B7B8DFB7F658.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 0124B482-B5D7-440D-90A5-490D3E5EFF78.jpeg
    0124B482-B5D7-440D-90A5-490D3E5EFF78.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Poor girl! Looks like she did get stung by a bee or a spider bite. The Benadryl will help if it was a bee, she’ll probably be sleepy so keep her somewhere cool where she has access to water.
Thank you thank you thank you goose baby. I was so concerned that maybe the Benadryl wasa bad idea. She is inside my basement addition which is her Goose bedroom she has fresh water lol I’m sitting nearby and I check on her every few minutes. She was scratching at it with her foot so I guess it itches. the five ML of children’s Benadryl has 12.5 mg Benadryl which I think is perfect dosage because she weighs about 12.5 pounds. She probably accidentally ate a wasp or a bee while she was grazing.

Good news she is better this morning it’s still a little swollen, but not as much and she has her chatty little voice back…! I had forgot to mention she lost most of her voice yesterday she just made these tiny little sounds as if to ask for help. Praise the Lord. I am thankful she is OK!!!!

Good news she is better this morning it’s still a little swollen, but not as much and she has her chatty little voice back…! I had forgot to mention she lost most of her voice yesterday she just made these tiny little sounds as if to ask for help. Praise the Lord. I am thankful she is OK!!!!
So happy that she’s feeling better!

Back
Top Bottom