Help! Hatching on wrong end

Jmcouch01

Hatching
May 7, 2022
Hi! We have an egg hatching on the wrong end after pipping on the right end. I’ve read & read and can’t find similar circumstances to learn from. I peeled the egg back a bit, the membrane is still in tack and looks like she needs to absorb a bit more. My question is- do I need to pierce through so she can breathe? This has been going on over 24 hours now. Thanks so much in advance for your help

I mean, I personally would open it to give it some air to breathe. But I am not an expert. That's just what I would do. I usually don’t worry too much as long as I can see a beak. So if you do make a hole in the membrane don’t make a huge hole and don't crack the egg or anything.

I don’t know if I’m understanding right. Did it externally pip on the wrong end or just internally pip?

I don’t know if I’m understanding right. Did it externally pip on the wrong end or just internally pip?
It (sort of) externally pipped on the correct end, there was a little hole in the shell but not through the membrane. Then it zipped on the other end. The membrane is still whole. I’m wondering if I need to open it so it can breath? It’s been well over 24 hours now

Here is the current state

Attachments

• B1D6E417-5919-4C2C-A1A9-921B1C1E32C7.jpeg
    B1D6E417-5919-4C2C-A1A9-921B1C1E32C7.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom