Help I don't know what is wrong with this baby chick!!

krebolo125

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Hello

I just got some baby chicks in the mail yesterday. Two are bantams one is a bantam Easter Egger and is all of a sudden not able to walk and her neck is all twisted and contorted backwards. She cannot even move her head or neck but is chirping. I feel so helpless and don't know what to do to help her. They have all been eating and drinking.
I can be privately emailed at [email protected] if you want
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!!

Hello

I just got some baby chicks in the mail yesterday. Two are bantams one is a bantam Easter Egger and is all of a sudden not able to walk and her neck is all twisted and contorted backwards. She cannot even move her head or neck but is chirping. I feel so helpless and don't know what to do to help her. They have all been eating and drinking.
I can be privately emailed at [email protected] if you want
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!!

I think they call that wry neck.

Yep, that's wry neck. I had a duckling with it. What you need to do, if you can, is go to Tractor Supply or a similar feed store and look for a product called Poultry Nutri-Drench:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/nutri-drench-poultry-nutri-drench-4-oz?cm_vc=-10005

Mix it in her water, and for really fast results, carefully give her a few drops in her mouth each day. Don't force it, though - you don't want her to aspirate it as that would kill her. After a while, you should notice it getting better and eventually she'll be right as rain.

Last edited:
What if I can't get the product until tomorrow morning? All the stores are closed now.
Do yo think she has a chance?

She has a chance, don't give up! Do you have any of that sav-a-chick stuff lying around? Some of that in the water might help perk her up. You could also do straight Vitamin E if you have it, or poly vi sol without iron.

Back
Top Bottom