Help, I don't know what to do!

FutureCowgirl

Chirping
Apr 9, 2023
I put in 16 eggs and none hatched, we are on day 24. Should I pick a little of the bottom by the air cell, leave them for another day, or throw them out. I candled them and really didn't see much. There is no peeping or sign of holes. I am faced with another decision put another batch in and wait 21 days and may be disappointed again or just order the breeds I want.

What incubator are you using?

What was your temperature and humidity during incubation?

Did you have a pre-calibrated thermometer and hygrometer inside?

Do you have a picture of what one of the eggs currently looks like when candled?

What incubator are you using?

What was your temperature and humidity during incubation?

Did you have a pre-calibrated thermometer and hygrometer inside?

Do you have a picture of what one of the eggs currently looks like when candled?
I am using an incubator my grandparents gave me from 1970
The temp was 105-110 and I don't know the humidity because it is just a pan of water
I don't have a picture

I am using an incubator my grandparents gave me from 1970
The temp was 105-110 and I don't know the humidity because it is just a pan of water
I don't have a picture
105-110 is very high even for a still air. It sounds like the eggs were too hot and died. Is there a way to adjust the temperature on the incubator for future incubation?

You cooked the eggs, you should throw all the eggs out.

Find a modern incubator, then test it for steady temperature and humidity.

Hatching egg in still air incubator is 100F to 101F.

Incubator with a fan should read at 99.5F.

Can you post a picture of the incubator they all should be adjustable some of the old ones are harder to adjust if you don't know what to look for

Back
Top Bottom